Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I only played Dragon Age for a little while and then lost interest. PoE Is unashamedly a Baldur's Gate clone but is very easy to play and a beautiful game though the multitude of combat and conversations can be a bit tedious at times. It's got that-- see one more, do one more thing type play that really hooks me. It's also somewhat long but very open-ended where as Dragon Age was a little more "on rails" as I remember.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 25, 2016, 08:55:46 AM
I only played Dragon Age for a little while and then lost interest. PoE Is unashamedly a Baldur's Gate clone but is very easy to play and a beautiful game though the multitude of combat and conversations can be a bit tedious at times. It's got that-- see one more, do one more thing type play that really hooks me. It's also somewhat long but very open-ended where as Dragon Age was a little more "on rails" as I remember.

Mrs.B played all the original Balders Gate / Neverwinters Night type games and is really enjoying PoE. She's well advanced into the expansions now.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

I've got the White March part 1 but haven't started it yet. Glad Mrs. B. is enjoying the game. What's she playing as? A Scottish Rangerette with a mustachioed wolf as a companion maybe?  ^-^
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Sir Slash

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 28, 2016, 10:03:14 PM
Too easy.

Kazaks visit Porto in ArmaIII (different "islands" look very different in the new colorization scheme):

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 29, 2016, 07:12:34 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 28, 2016, 10:03:14 PM
Too easy.

Kazaks visit Porto in ArmaIII (different "islands" look very different in the new colorization scheme):

Unsung Bravo:  Quang Tri Map:  Possible cycad sighted:

Sir Slash

Well I certainly wasn't talking about your screenies when I said 'too easy' Ming. Those are very impressive. I was speaking of Bawb's Better Half playing a Ranger with a Wolf Companion like she does in real life( Wolf Companion=Bawb). I have friends that tell me I should play some Arma III but I'm terrible at Shooters-- usually hit more of my own guys than the enemy. But back in the day, I played the hell out of Medal of Honor on the Playstation 1 & 2.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 30, 2016, 10:36:25 PM
Well I certainly wasn't talking about your screenies when I said 'too easy' Ming. Those are very impressive. I was speaking of Bawb's Better Half playing a Ranger with a Wolf Companion like she does in real life( Wolf Companion=Bawb). I have friends that tell me I should play some Arma III but I'm terrible at Shooters-- usually hit more of my own guys than the enemy. But back in the day, I played the hell out of Medal of Honor on the Playstation 1 & 2.

Yes!  I understood all that.  I was just splicing into the current conversation rather crudely.  I play ARMA in the editor so my biggest foe at the moment is crashes.  I'm taking the Unsung Bravo troops and gear to Sahrani since that seems to be a more stable terrain than any of the possible areas of Vietnam these days.

More screenshots to come!

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 31, 2016, 07:54:09 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 30, 2016, 10:36:25 PM

Yes!  I understood all that.  I was just splicing into the current conversation rather crudely.  I play ARMA in the editor so my biggest foe at the moment is crashes.  I'm taking the Unsung Bravo troops and gear to Sahrani since that seems to be a more stable terrain than any of the possible areas of Vietnam these days.

More screenshots to come!

Sahrani 1965 -- primitive weird Marxist-Leninist technology fails again (and US troops bring extra water with their know-how):

Sir Slash

Anybody who's really good at these games has my respect. After Medal of Honor, I had to rest for about an hour with a good drink-- my BP, pulse would be up, my palms sweaty and the like. And that was against the brain-dead Germans.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 31, 2016, 10:17:52 AM
Anybody who's really good at these games has my respect. After Medal of Honor, I had to rest for about an hour with a good drink-- my BP, pulse would be up, my palms sweaty and the like. And that was against the brain-dead Germans.

Hmmm.  I used to drink a beer before playing Red Orchestra for a few hours.  At that game I eventually became absurdly good.  BUT here is another glimpse of Sahrani in 1965.
This time the commies retracted their radio mast and ran for it:

Jarhead0331

I get a lot of CTDs on the Vietnam maps, as well. As a result, I have also been porting the Unsung units over to the more stable maps available. Still having great fun.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Damn, that looks like my backyard. Reminds me. I need to mow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 31, 2016, 01:42:07 PM
I get a lot of CTDs on the Vietnam maps, as well. As a result, I have also been porting the Unsung units over to the more stable maps available. Still having great fun.

Got the latest NVIDIA drivers (may 23rd) and used only the 2d editor and got back to Vietnam, Quang Tri, with the Marines, 1965.  The morning overcast is clearing off: