Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Because while Mc Dowell is dealing with Johnson, P.G.T. Beauregard crosses the Shenandoah from the east and scatters the Union forces laying siege to Winchester, cutting Mc Dowell's Supply Line. Now Mc Dowell is caught between Johnson and Beauregard and with the Confederates still in control of Strasburg and it's Supply Depot, there's no way he can keep his army supplied.  :clap:

Whatever General Mc Dowell decides to do, he needs to do it fast because October is almost here and the weather's about to change.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 04, 2019, 11:21:07 PM
... This guy actually does worse the closer to even the numbers are.  :o

This kind of thing is exactly frustrates me to no end with ACW2 and TEAW from AGEOD.  You do everything by the book, i.e. set up your command structure properly, have the right unit mix, make sure cohesion is under control, and you still end up losing a battle that should have been a victory or at the very least a stalemate. 

When I play AGEOD's older games like Birth of America 2, or Alea Iacta Est I don't have these issues when I set up my armies by the book. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Sir Slash

Yeah sometimes it's just a crap shoot though with the Battle Planner you do get to pick a strategy and tactical choices. But that's only for large fights and in this one Johnson called it quits on the first round so I didn't get to pick anything. You can adjust many of the settings to change most things about the game too.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MOS:96B2P

Combat Mission Fortress Italy - Rome to Victory.  Indian troops on the move.

Sir Slash

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 05, 2019, 03:28:23 PM
Yeah sometimes it's just a crap shoot though with the Battle Planner you do get to pick a strategy and tactical choices. But that's only for large fights and in this one Johnson called it quits on the first round so I didn't get to pick anything. You can adjust many of the settings to change most things about the game too.

These results are weird. 

Sir Slash

Yes they sometimes are but it's supposed to recreate the unpredictable nature of many of the ACW generals where you play the President and give orders to your commanders to go somewhere and do something and then they decide to do something else. It's also a pain at times, for me, in Alea Jacta Est and other AGEOD games but it works well enough often enough to be fun and part of your challenge is to find the, 'Right' guy for the job AKA Grant, Sherman, Lee, Jackson, etc. You can also turn-off,  or adjust down, the historical values for commanders so they develop on their own depending on what they do like winning, losing, or somebody being promoted over them. In my game, Jackson's been promoted 3 times in 4 turns and he may end-up in command of the whole Confederate Army.  :D

It's a game quirk but not a total turn-off.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 07, 2019, 11:01:16 AM
Yes they sometimes are but it's supposed to recreate the unpredictable nature of many of the ACW generals where you play the President and give orders to your commanders to go somewhere and do something and then they decide to do something else. It's also a pain at times, for me, in Alea Jacta Est and other AGEOD games but it works well enough often enough to be fun and part of your challenge is to find the, 'Right' guy for the job AKA Grant, Sherman, Lee, Jackson, etc. You can also turn-off,  or adjust down, the historical values for commanders so they develop on their own depending on what they do like winning, losing, or somebody being promoted over them. In my game, Jackson's been promoted 3 times in 4 turns and he may end-up in command of the whole Confederate Army.  :D

It's a game quirk but not a total turn-off.

Thanks for the explanation.  I bought it during the matrix sale.  I'm finishing up my AAR of Order of Battle US Navy and Pacific Tide.  Then I have a wargame choice for computer games.

Sir Slash

I would love to know what you think about ACW 2 when you get the time.

CMFI R2V South African Troops:

Combat Mission Final Blitzkreig - User made scenario - Mission to Maas. 

At the tip of the spear.

2nd Platoon / 9th SS Pioneer Company with Stummel support attacking into the town of La Gleize.

Sir Slash

"They Died With Their Backpacks On". Great pics! :dreamer:

Huw the Poo

Warframe: I finally got my Excalibur Umbra!  This is a unique frame, obtained during the fantastic quest The Sacrifice.  He is the only frame to have innate anti-sentient abilities (sentients are kind of the main enemies in the Old War).  He also uniquely has Umbra mod polarities, allowing him to equip some very nice exclusive mods.  He is extremely quick with that sword he's holding, the Skiajati, and I've modded it with Healing Return so that he can very quickly steal health while he's busy being a whirling dervish of death.  Definitely my new favourite frame.  :smitten:

Sir Slash

Pillars of Eternity 2: Sir Slash at Level 20. Doesn't he look mysterious AND deadly at the same time? Kind of a cross between Bond and Vader don't you think?

Combat Mission Red Thunder

Soviet OT-34 Flamethrower Tank.