Main Menu

Israel

Started by GDS_Starfury, October 07, 2023, 07:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Biden's visit to Jordan has been canceled and the four-way summit between the leaders of the USA, Palestine, Egypt and Jordan has been scrapped after the strike on the Al-Ahly hospital.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 17, 2023, 05:05:44 PMNewsmax reports that the hospital strike was a single explosion followed by a massive secondary.

hamas would NEVER hide rockets in a hospital or school!

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 17, 2023, 05:24:41 PMhamas would NEVER hide rockets in a hospital or school!

Of course not! 

The IDF actually showed UAV footage of the strike zone and the hospital shows no exterior damage at all.  The impact site is clearly in the parking lot. 

That doesn't mean that the impact didn't trigger a weapon store inside the hospital though.  That's increasingly looking like what happened.

And now a massive pro-Palestine riot in Istanbul. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

still caused this summit to not happen

Gusington

CNN is reporting that it was indeed a Palestinian rocket that caused the hospital explosion.

But that still does not take away from the point that the Arab world will believe it as said above.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 17, 2023, 09:00:26 PMjfc these people

This is entirely political. Keep it out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

It's foolish to think our enemies would not take advantage of the border crisis by infiltrating into the country through the porous south. What would be the ramifications of an attack within the continental United States and do you think this is something Iran is planning?

https://nypost.com/2023/10/15/4th-iranian-special-interest-alien-apprehended-this-month-in-texas-us-customs-confirms/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sir Slash

I'm sure they're already here and probably not just Iran. There have been quite a large number of Chinese apprehended at the border as well. They would be fools not have taken advantage and slipped sleeper cells inside the U.S. Remember the Russians planned to do something similar at the beginning of a conflict in Europe. What they would do and what would trigger it I'm afraid to think about. But I bet Trip's on it!  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 17, 2023, 10:43:02 PMapprehended

that word comes up a lot these days.
its like the people guarding the border are doing their job or something.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 17, 2023, 10:43:02 PMWhat they would do and what would trigger it I'm afraid to think about.

why are you even thinking about sleeper cells anyway?  nothing that happened in Israel involved sleeper cells.
where are they sleeping?  are you afraid of waking up one day to the great landscaper revolution of 2025?  or is it the shawarma insurrection of 2023?  a full on assault of your colon.

GDS_Starfury

can we split this off into another thread

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 17, 2023, 11:27:15 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on October 17, 2023, 10:43:02 PMWhat they would do and what would trigger it I'm afraid to think about.

why are you even thinking about sleeper cells anyway?  nothing that happened in Israel involved sleeper cells.
where are they sleeping?  are you afraid of waking up one day to the great landscaper revolution of 2025?  or is it the shawarma insurrection of 2023?  a full on assault of your colon.

Why would you jest about this as if there is no border crisis and Iranians have not been arrested having illegally crossed it? It's not a political issue, so don't make it one. The United States is completely exposed and this is directly related to the war in Israel, particularly as the US makes additional commitments to Israel in its war against hamas.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

Not completely exposed, or there wouldn't be apprehensions, too, which I think was at least part of Star's point, but I know what you mean.

It's also "also" a political issue, but we may be able to try to avoid that, as long as we don't consider the causes and possible solutions (if any) to any potential or actual tactical and operational issues. Not sure how easy that will be while discussing any potential or actual etc., but we can try.

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 17, 2023, 04:24:26 PMmost news just goes to the next story with no correction because Jews.

To be fair (aside from this also being a socio-political topic), most news tends to ignore acknowledging past mistakes even when reporting what amounts to corrective information, regardless of the topic being about Jews or not. That's just how most news works. (Speaking from personal experience as well as a long-ago bachelors of communication degree in broadcasting.  :buck2: ) Newspapers may correct their own things occasionally, but they'll typically de-emphasize it. I only know of one periodical offhand which tends to at least sometimes acknowledge corrections of their past mistakes to the top of relevant subsequent articles, and even they don't tend to correct past articles on the same topic, nor are they consistent about it.

News/opinion agencies live or die by perceived trustworthiness, to at least some degree, so there's an institutional reluctance to announce clearly that they were wrong previously on anything; at best they (usually) just hope the audience will forget they made the mistake, unless forced by legal action to do otherwise, and even then they'll tend to do the absolute minimum legally required.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!