Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

Mr. Bigglesworth

Mr. Bigglesworth

Steampunk wargaming, how cool is that?
In Her Majesty's Name: Steampunk Skirmish Wargaming Rules (Osprey Wargames) [Kindle Edition]
http://www.amazon.ca/Her-Majestys-Name-Steampunk-Wargaming-ebook/dp/B00C4B2SS0/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1408821667&sr=1-1&keywords=steampunk

Gusington

You big tease. Here take my whole wallet!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

How far into  the keep are you? There is a scene that may bug you as Jewish. Spoiler: the evil demon, whatever, gets his strength from feeding off negative emotion. He breaks an old man by pretending to fear the cross. The old professor is broken thinking his Jewish faith has been a lie. As a plot device it is a good trick. I don't know if you want to be warned of it.

Gusington

^I am now 125 pages in. The Jewish characters are en route to Romania. The Wehrmacht is being relieved by two squads of Einsatzgruppen.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Mr. Bigglesworth

Amazon has The Keep kindle edition free for Prime customers. It's a trap! once you are on prime the bank account will siphon away.

Staggerwing

Got a link? I only see the version for $3.99.

Or is it an amazon.ca freebie only?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Mr. Bigglesworth

If you go to amazon then search books 'the keep' it will show on the list. Prime free to read- join prime. Buy $3.xx

Staggerwing

I'm already an Amazon Prime member, but not that unlimited reading thingie it would seem.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

vyshka

Recently finished Homeland, Exile, and Sojourn. Just starting The Crystal Shard, and still languishing in the background is Play the World which I still have about 2/3 to go.

BanzaiCat

I'm almost halfway done with Disaster at Stalingrad. Excellent alt-history stuff, with one event leading to another to the next, all pretty plausible thus far. The author sprinkles footnotes throughout that quote from actual publications as well as fake publications that only exist in that history's timeline.

Greybriar

I just finished reading book 3 of The Legend of Drizzt Collector's Edition. It contains The Legacy, Starless Night, Siege of Darkness, and Passage to Dawn, so don't let the "book 3" part fool you.  ;)

For a change of pace, next up is The Black Jacobins: Toussaint L'Ouverture and the San Domingo Revolution by C. L. R. James.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Bison

Mini Encyclopedia Aquarium Plants.  It's decent enough to give me the basics for some targeted internet searching.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd