What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Wait, we're trying to keep the lesbian vampires away now?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

The ones with an extra 25 pounds of ass flab.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Gusington

Yeah I like to pretend they don't exist too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

FYI Gus, once you're done with Salem's Lot, there's a short story in Night Shift that serves as a bit of a sequel. It's called, One for the Road. There's also something of prequel called Jerusalem's Lot.

Night Shift

BanzaiCat

Not to be confused with Night Shift (1982):

That's your 1989 Batman, folks. ;D

Gusington

I think I have seen bits of the movie way back when...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

It was one of my big time favorites in the 80s. I must have seen it 100 times.

mirth

That and Dr Detroit make a great double feature.

bbmike

Quote from: mirth on October 10, 2017, 12:23:58 PM
That and Dr Detroit and one of those Star Trek whiskey glasses filled with bourbon make a great double feature.

ftfy
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Quote from: bbmike on October 10, 2017, 12:35:05 PM
Quote from: mirth on October 10, 2017, 12:23:58 PM
That and Dr Detroit and one of those Star Trek whiskey glasses filled with bourbon make a great double feature.

ftfy

good call

BanzaiCat

That's more like a triple feature, though.

Sir Slash

Bourbon really helps with all films made in the 80's. Enough bourbon and squint your eyes a little, and Freddy Kruger looks like Art Carney from the Honeymooners. Try it sometime.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Well, I'm done with the vampires of Southern Maine. I will be canceling that weekend hiking trip I had planned.