Don't Come Around FRIDAY No More

Started by Jarhead0331, October 06, 2017, 06:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

In honor of another legend lost. Enjoy your weekend fellas.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Excellent song choice JH, and the video visuals are just as good as the song.  Not sure why but I got lured back into Distant Worlds this weekend.

Blucher

I have been playing a lot of Fallout 4 on survival mode. Absolutely love it. I got a new computer a few weeks ago picked this up and have been playing it nonstop.

Also on Sunday will be playing command and colors Napoleonic via Vassal.

jamus34

Great tune, good video and while I wouldn't necessarily call TP a legend he was definitely an icon who managed to keep his sound and music relevant without ever selling out.

I've been in a bit of a gaming rut lately. Probably will continue my pillars of eternity game and I think I'll finally pull the trigger on Stars in Shadow as it is on sale at steam this weekend.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

My favorite Tom Petty song and video! Great choice.

Continuing with The Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone and looking forward to Tuesday's release of Shadow of War.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Cyrano

I'm going to play OGRE.  I might play OGRE on-line, but I'm certainly going to play the OGRE campaign, the OGRE basic scenario a bunch, and there's at least a possibility I'll design an OGRE scenario.  All y'all are welcome to join me in playing OGRE on the OGRE field.

That and JTS Jena (x2), playtesting, Jena KS, and likely some Borderlands 2.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart

Great tune.  O0

Thanksgiving Weekend here in the Great White North, so Monday is a holiday.  \m/

Hopefully some PBEM DC1: Warsaw to  Paris with Jason.
Going to start a PBEM VASSAL game of Wing Leader: Victories with SDR.
Got hooked into Stellaris again so some more of that.
Need to start learning GMt's Silver Bayonet to play VASSAL against mirth. Might get that on the table to learn it.

Pool closing and fall yard work.

Sir Slash

That'd be my Petty favorite too.  :notworthy:    Not sure what I'll get time to play this weekend, depends on the level of mandatory tasks required to get me out of doing any REAL work. Every husband out there knows what I'm talking about I think. Maybe some RPG Neverwinter Nights-Storm of Zehir or Skyrim. Though I've found Alea Jacta Est is a great little fast game I can fire-off a few turns when there's a quiet moment. Have a good one Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Echoing sentiments: great Petty tune. Not my fav but it's definitely up there.  O0

I'm going to continue to work through the weekend, but am hoping to get a couple of reviews done. OGRE is going to get to the table at some point, as is Techno Bowl and War in the Wind.

solops

Polaris Sector. If I finish I might try TW Warhammer 2 or the new Eagle Day Bombing the Reich patch. I like to bomb the Reich.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 06, 2017, 09:50:04 AM
That'd be my Petty favorite too.  :notworthy:    Not sure what I'll get time to play this weekend, depends on the level of mandatory tasks required to get me out of doing any REAL work. Every husband out there knows what I'm talking about I think. Maybe some RPG Neverwinter Nights-Storm of Zehir or Skyrim. Though I've found Alea Jacta Est is a great little fast game I can fire-off a few turns when there's a quiet moment. Have a good one Grogs.

Agree about Alea Jacta Est...its on the remote back up computer in the man appartment and does get played occasionally.  At home now and will probably play some ARMAIII and some flight sims.

Gusington

Just got my Steam code for Shadow of War! yeeeeeees

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Continue with my WITE & CM PBEM's , still looking at what scenario to start next for CSME. Been playing a bit of Project Zomboid, also hoping to get some Rainbow Six Vegas 2 terrorist hunt in with the guys.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

CJReich46

I have off this weekend.

I have been playing Distant Worlds as well oddly enough.

Plus Larry Monte has returned to his You Tube channel after his Summer "break" and is starting up a new Let's Play of Distant Worlds Universe featuring the Bacon Mod.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Nefaro

Some Cold Waters '84 campaign.  Probably while listening to select 80s music, for proper immersion.  :))

Possibly getting all the HOTAS mapping done for the DCS F-5E and/or MiG-21bis.  Get some practice in those before going Cold War server multi-player, which is the primary aim. 

With Field Of Glory 2 coming out this week, I may not mess with anything too long or seriously just yet.  I wonder what the release price will be on FOG2?  Day one purchase - if the price is right.  Otherwise it will be Sim Time for awhile.