The "Holy %$%# It's Cold Out There" Winter 2017 Thread

Started by mirth, October 27, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Trying to get dumb dog to go to the bathroom.

Snow swimming.  His little paws can't reach the ground anymore.

A foot of snow.

It didn't feel that cold out there but that wind is the suck.  And it's a lot of snow for sure.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Emeraldlis

The weather looks brutal for all you snow bound grogs  :hide: stay safe , and warm....and also slightly inebriated might help also !
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

JasonPratt

I remain jealous: all we have is the arctic cold, for the nonce.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 03, 2018, 11:38:43 AM
The only good news is it'll be too cold for The Zombie Apocalypse because not even they would come-out in this weather.

I feel like you've played 7 Days To Die and so should know better...?!  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

Right now any zombies, being all dead and stuff, should be at ambient temp, IE: frozen solid. If they could somehow try to move they would bust up into little zombicicles.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 04, 2018, 04:32:33 PM
Right now any zombies, being all dead and stuff, should be at ambient temp, IE: frozen solid. If they could somehow try to move they would bust up into little zombicicles.

That is what World War Z (the novel) taught us.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Damn. Storm is still cranking here. The wind is howling.

mirth

mirth

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Yes, Fla. has not been left-out this time. Forecast low for the am is 29 degrees, with wind chill 27. Yikes! Where do they sell Uggs at around here?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 04, 2018, 07:43:21 PM
Yes, Fla. has not been left-out this time. Forecast low for the am is 29 degrees, with wind chill 27. Yikes! Where do they sell Uggs at around here?

Toonces

LOL, Slash, I feel your pain.  I remember one time when I lived in Hawaii the temps went down, briefly, into the 50's.  It was a no-kidding emergency.  Nobody in Hawaii (well almost) has heat, let alone warm clothes.  It was a bit crazy for the locals.

We made out ok here.  We got a good foot of snow +/- with some much higher drifts.  Wind is still going pretty good, was a bit wild for a while but now we're probably a consistent gusts to 35-40mph.

Plows have been out all day, but everything is still shut down for tomorrow. 

I checked the oil tank today and we're basically empty, so I shut the heat off down here in the basement man-cave, fired up the fireplace, and put in an emergency oil order for first thing tomorrow.  Whew!

Still plenty of rum, too.  Life isn't bad...not bad at all.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

We're officially at a foot now and it's drifting like crazy. I think we're pretty well done with the snow for now. Still windy and the temp is dropping fast.

About to have a bit of Knob Creek.