DVG - Phantom Leader Deluxe - News!

Started by DanVerssen, January 08, 2013, 05:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanVerssen

PHANTOM LEADER DELUXE!

http://www.dvg.com/.sc/ms/dd/ee/56/Phantom%20Leader%20-%20Deluxe

We will be sending Phantom Leader Deluxe to the printer soon! If you've pre-ordered,

please send us your name if you'd like it on the box. All the people who pre-ordered

Phantom Leader name's remain on the box.

"I (YOUR NAME) give DVG permission to print my name on the Phantom Leader Deluxe

boxes."

Email your permission to:
dan (at) dvg (dot) com

PHANTOM LEADER DELUXE - UPDATE!

Following people's overwhelming excitement for Hornet Leader, we had a simple idea...

upgrade Phantom Leader to Phantom Leader Deluxe and have it match Hornet's physical

components.

We figured it would take about a month. We would add a few targets, add a bunch more

pilots, and create some new art.

Then we started coming up with bright ideas...

What if we added some new aircraft types?

So we did.

What if we standardized the Phantom weapons to match the Hornet weapons?

And we did.

What if we added a cool new mechanic to add a new level of decision making to

enhance the Over Target phase of a mission?

And we did.

What if we added more weapons so players could really customize their load-outs?

So we did.

What if we changed the Over Target Events to give the player spur of the moment

decision making in a changing environment?

So we did.

What if we increased the turns over target to 5?

And we did.

What if we added a new mechanic to limit the firing arc of Approach Area Sites that

have a range of 1 or 2 in order to add a new tactical element to the game?

So we added it (and it is very cool!)

Oh! Then there was the idea to represent how the flight paths during the Vietnam War

were very restricted. That would be cool to add, right?

So we added it. And changed it. And changed it some more. Until it was just right.

We also got to thinking about the aircraft attrition rate in Vietnam. Back then, it

wasn't like today where the loss of each aircraft is a major event. The US built 833

F-105s, and 382 were shot down in Vietnam. In total, the US lost 2,251 aircraft

during the war. Daily aircraft loss was a way of life in Vietnam.

So we designed a new campaign victory system to take into account the emotional

affect on a squadron from losing pilots, without adjusting the campaign's level of

success.

Needless to say, all these upgrades have taken a great deal of time. The good news

is, we're almost done. We will be ready to send Phantom Leader Deluxe to the printer

in a week or so. By the time we do, literally every aspect of the game will have

been upgraded.

JudgeDredd

Sounds so cool...but I can't splash out on a game I've already bought - even with those cool updates.

I hope it sells well. If it's half as good as Phantom Leader it should do well. If it's better than Phantom Leader then it should make alot of people very, very happy.

I think it's my fav of the series...raw with tough decisions.
Alba gu' brath