1E AD&D Play by Post Groghead Forum Game

Started by Double Deuce, April 21, 2014, 01:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

I would be good with a ranger type character.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Double Deuce

Anyone making progress on their character? I am tweaking the starting scenario/situation and want to get an idea of what direction the character concepts are headed.

twitter3

Work has grown crazy over the past week. I hope to get to it early next week.

bayonetbrant

let me see what I can do. I may need to be a later add-on as I have to get thru the Origins prep.

Thanks!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Double Deuce

No rush, just trying to get an idea on the group size and makeup so I can tweak things.

MetalDog

Just saw this.  Looks like there is still time to join.  I expect a Cleric might be useful?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Double Deuce

Quote from: MetalDog on May 03, 2014, 07:08:13 AM
Just saw this.  Looks like there is still time to join.  I expect a Cleric might be useful?

Yep, still plenty of room and a Cleric should fit in nicely.

MetalDog

Excellent!  I should have one rolled up and posted here before the weekend is out :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

I'll try to sneak a bard into the party, but like I said, might be some time before I get to it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Double Deuce

Was thinking about this again the other day and thought I might want to go with D&D 5e once it comes out. Noting fancy, none of the optional/advanced rules or whatever they will be referring to them as. Keeping it as simple as possible.

BanzaiCat

Interesting...just stumbled in here. Might be interested too, though it's been 20-some years since I've actually played. I've read though and might be able to get my hands on some 5e materials when it comes out.

All I've seen is a Cleric and a Bard listed here...did I miss anything? Other characters in the works?

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 30, 2014, 02:43:17 PMI've read though and might be able to get my hands on some 5e materials when it comes out.

sigh...  c'mon Cat-boy, do keep up!   :coolsmiley:

Quote from: Double Deuce on July 03, 2014, 01:22:58 PMThe new D&D version (5e or Next or whatever you want to refer to it as) is out and free for download. You can grab it at Basic Rules for Dungeons & Dragons. Its about 2.7MB and 110 pages.

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

BanzaiCat

Double Deuce

I'm hoping that the new core books give some information on converting older monster versions but I honestly don't think they will. If they did that it would interfere with the flood of followup books WoTC is apt to do will all the revised monster stats.