What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Toonces on August 27, 2023, 07:18:29 PMThis is hands down the best book title in the world.

Are you sure?

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^Also by Chuck Tingle? Prolific.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on September 16, 2023, 11:07:56 PM^Also by Chuck Tingle? Prolific.

I have met several "Chuck Tingle's".

I also worked to break the algorithm that "he" used to get on the USA Today list.  Used it to get some of our authors on.

Publishing is a racket, I know, I'm in the industry and I'm a "Bestselling award winning" author myself.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

My first few jobs out of college were in publishing. One included being the ghost writer for Fabio and answering his fan mail, circa 1996. The old timers here may recall.

I had other even more degrading publishing jobs.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on September 17, 2023, 10:19:07 AMOne included being the ghost writer for Fabio and answering his fan mail, circa 1996.

I feel sorry for you.  I hope everything turned out well after all  :grin: .
I'm guessing it wasn't just female fan mail  :evil: .

Uberhaus

Quote from: Gusington on September 17, 2023, 10:19:07 AMMy first few jobs out of college were in publishing. One included being the ghost writer for Fabio and answering his fan mail, circa 1996. The old timers here may recall.

Don't feel too sorry for yourself.  I, for one, would have happily degraded myself with Fabio's castoffs.  :lipsrsealed:

Gusington

Everything turned out just fine  :ThumbsUp:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on September 17, 2023, 10:19:07 AMMy first few jobs out of college were in publishing. One included being the ghost writer for Fabio and answering his fan mail, circa 1996. The old timers here may recall.

Ghostwriters nowadays are pretty well respected and some of our best paying jobs.

I love kicking their asses in our monthly Team Lounge Trivia Nights though. 

Sir Slash

Damn Gus. I thought that was Fabio that sent me hotel room key.  :doh:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Sorry to disappoint but that may actually have been Fabio.

A big chunk of my professional time now is spent ghostwriting for the executives where I work who do not have the time or the inclination to write on their own  :tophat:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Now I know who to get to write all those AAR's I've been meaning to write. You work cheap?  :grin:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 17, 2023, 09:40:50 PM

Ghostwriters nowadays are pretty well respected and some of our best paying jobs.

I love kicking their asses in our monthly Team Lounge Trivia Nights though. 

Oh.... you are on buddy.... we need to get some sort of virtual trivia night thing going for wargamers. Damn that should be possible.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

JasonPratt

Steam chat and Tabletop Simulator for that! (Or Discord?)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd