What are we reading?

Started by Martok, March 05, 2012, 01:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

I dont see the need for a kindle if you have a decent enough smart phone.  I've found the font size that works best for me on mai Galaxy 3 and I don't need to lug around another bit of kit.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 26, 2014, 09:04:05 PM
I dont see the need for a kindle if you have a decent enough smart phone.  I've found the font size that works best for me on mai Galaxy 3 and I don't need to lug around another bit of kit.

I'm with you. I have the Kindle app on multiple computers and my phone. Works great and I have not felt the need for a dedicated e-reader.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Staggerwing

Quote from: mirth on June 26, 2014, 09:38:32 PM

I'm with you. I have the Kindle app on multiple computers and my phone. Works great and I have not felt the need for a dedicated e-reader.

Wait a few years. Reading tiny font on a phone will get old fast unless you are lugging around one of those monster 'phablet' phones or you crank up the font until each page has only 8 words. Also, e-readers are nice and light and can be read in direct sun without a lot of strain.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Greybriar

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 27, 2014, 05:22:09 AM

Wait a few years. Reading tiny font on a phone will get old fast unless you are lugging around one of those monster 'phablet' phones or you crank up the font until each page has only 8 words. Also, e-readers are nice and light and can be read in direct sun without a lot of strain.

You guys need to start another thread.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

vyshka

To get back on topic :), as stated above I started American Gods this week, but I got sidetracked and am in the middle of reading Playing at the World, which is a history of roleplaying games, D&D in particular. So at the moment I am currently working on American Gods, Playing at the World, and The Defense of Moscow 1941.

airboy

Quote from: vyshka on June 27, 2014, 12:15:57 PM
To get back on topic :), as stated above I started American Gods this week, but I got sidetracked and am in the middle of reading Playing at the World, which is a history of roleplaying games, D&D in particular. So at the moment I am currently working on American Gods, Playing at the World, and The Defense of Moscow 1941.

Please do a book review of Playing at the World when you finish for grogheads. 

Toonces

I read about 1/4 of Playing at the World (it's actually sitting right here next to me!).  Just based on that 1/4, if you are into D&D then you will enjoy the book.  The author goes into great detail about the origins and development of D&D, and how it ties into miniature wargaming.

It's a good, thorough book based on what I've read so far.  I recommend it.   O0
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

Quote from: Greybriar on June 27, 2014, 09:39:53 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on June 27, 2014, 05:22:09 AM

You guys need to start another thread.
::)
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Mr. Bigglesworth

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

did you ever stop to consider that boob spelled backwards is boob?
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Staggerwing

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on June 28, 2014, 01:12:23 AM
did you ever stop to consider that boob spelled backwards is boob?

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I thought boob spelled backwards was bawb.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

boob spelled upside down is poop

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!