Last FRIDAY morning the sunshine felt like rain

Started by MetalDog, March 01, 2019, 06:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 01, 2019, 06:13:25 PM
Let's have those impressions, Mr Pratt!

First impressions after 30 minutes: it feels like a prequel to Imperium Romanum. A 3D leisurely (so far) community builder on an expansive map (ringed with mountains as art in the distance once your camera nears the map edge). Kind of reminds me why I hate managing people  ::) , but only in the sense that people kind of wander around aimlessly sometimes -- but often they'll work on their own initiative. Also a definite Empire Earth vibe, but that's probably just the topic. Mod support has already started on Steam, including starts with 9 children trying to prepare to survive the winter, and a lone adult couple (Adam and Eve style).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Tutorial is helpful and not broken so far.

Game is pausable (with tab, which activates "PRIMAL VISION", okay, we'll just call that cowboy vision  :cowboy: ), and orders can be given from there with decent targets highlighted including animals of different difficulty. No predators yet on the map (aside from a flying eagle for flavor), but this is the tutorial: the animals clearly spawned in when I passed a certain tutorial point.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

airboy

MetalDog

Quote from: CJReich46 on March 01, 2019, 07:03:26 PM
Off this weekend (Next Saturday - INVENTORY  :buck2:)

So, what am I to do?

Possible - Field of Glory II - I watched a Baz Battles about Leuctra and so I am curious about that. I don't know how to do the Sacred Band for an Army list.

Then there's the continuation of Nobunaga's Ambition - Sphere of Influence - Clan Oda campaign.

Other than that...I'm kicking the tires hard on Darkest Hour.

but I am just in this odd funk lately.

Did somebody say,'funk?'  Let's turn this mutha OUT!

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

CptHowdy

open beta for division 2.  about 4 hours played so far.  has more base building stuff as there are settlements you can find and build up. have also found one outpost that needs supplied. not sure what benefits i get it for keeping it supplied and under my control though.

Dammit Carl!

Division 2 time in beautiful D.C.!  Best part of the game so far (after doing the previous iterations of test gaming) is randoming up a character that looks like Kenny Powers - or that lead singer from Creed with a Fu-Manchu - one of the two.  Miss shooting Cleaners' tanks, but there are some cool bits to the new girl, so it's all good.

On the fence to pre-order it, or to wait until I can get my 20% off via Ubisoft gaming credit thingy as they don't allow you to utilize that (the credits for percentage off on pre-order games) in the U.S. apparently, so piss on them.

Toodles, folks, and have fun!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on March 01, 2019, 07:50:25 PM
Gah I hated Empire Earth so very much.

I loved that game -- still do (not very fond of the sequels) -- but don't worry, the Dawn of Man thing isn't really like EmpE. It just seems similar in its early aesthetic.

Sir Slash

I'm building a delicatessen in Brindisium this weekend in my Rome 2 campaign with the DEI mod. Those people love their Cold Cuts, but who doesn't right?  :clap:  Have a great weekend Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

ALERT! ALERT!

All those who love living as dwarves: Deep Rock Galactic is free to play for the weekend, from Steam.

Space dwarves. Except not in space. But under space.  :D

I love this game so much....

Drop me a line on Steam if someone decides to mess with it, it's a hoot. LEFT 4 DEAD SPACE DWARVES!

(Single-player is quite possible now, too, by the way; even though the mechanics are mostly the same, it's a subtly different experience than playing with friends.)

Moreb

Is there a better rock than Southern? I think not. And what better band than The Allman Bros. to spread that Southern comfort?

I was going to get the new DLC for HoI4, a game I've stared at but never played, until I realized a new DLC for Mius Front was released today that features for the first time Panthers and on map Nebelwerfer in August '43.

Mind if I expand on the AB? Here is another later release of Warren Hayes song Soulshine. One of the smoothest guitar endings in a song ever. Go ahead and skip to 4:38 if you're impatient.

When dongles fly? - mirth

Hofstadter

Heat wave weekend here, cant really go outside. Looking at the princess freeway fire cloud from my window right now. Had two interviews yesterday in 40 C heat, in different regions. Still tired.

Gaming wise its just gonna be RE2 and apex legends, the 160th is doing the operation trebuchet mod tomorrow, so ill prob check that out.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Moreb

Quotehelped me get into some pretty hot chicks' pants. Even The Wife on occasion

I'm  still trying to figure out why Gus wants to wear women's pants? Is it the cut?

And hof, I thought you were in Gemany.

FarAway Sooner

For me, a little For the King with two long-time buddies playing coop.  Maybe some Endless Space 2 after my daughter's birthday party.  Or maybe I'll just take a nap...   :bd:

Moreb

Remember being a child and fighting to NOT take a nap.....