Micropose Announced Bomber Games

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 26, 2022, 08:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Ted

Quote from: The_Admiral on October 27, 2022, 09:52:39 AM

- TM8 VR is designed so as to be the best VR & coop experience there can be, although my understanding is that it works also without VR, and without friends (but then just play the 100th)

This is the one I'm interested in.  You could do it to an extent in IL2 46 (minus VR of course), but a proper, polished PvE experience of a daylight raid over the Reich would be very cool IMO.

em2nought

In a similar vein, This VR experience "1943 Berlin Blitz" has been mentioned before hasn't it?  https://store.steampowered.com/app/513490/1943_Berlin_Blitz/
Stolen elections have consequences.

Grim.Reaper

Saw in dev blog where they suggest B-17 Flying Fortress : The Mighty 8th Redux will be released into early access in January 2024.  Again, not expecting a lot but will be hard to resist if reasonable price.

Tripoli

It will be a first day buy for me.  The original was pretty good.  For those who never played the original, here's a relatively recent youtube campaign playthrough by "Taff in Exile":

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if Redux releases in January...but I won't be holding my breath.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 02, 2024, 10:44:25 AMI'll be very pleasantly surprised if Redux releases in January...but I won't be holding my breath.

Think originally was expected to be released into early access in December, so maybe they have used up their delay:) they said late January so we will see...

Dammit Carl!

More of "twin-engined/treetop/whaoo!" kind of guy so a B-26 sim would be my spirit animal.  Still, am not going to complain about nuttin' new we get in the grand scheme of things.

Toonces

B-17 Redux is definitely a day 1 purchase for me as well. 
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Skoop

I'll get the B17 redux as well.  The original was too early in my sim flight sim career, feel like I could do it way more justice now.

JasonPratt

Rimmy Downunder did a somewhat humorous campaign for Microprose's preceding B-17 game a couple of years ago here:

He wanted to do a campaign on The Mighty 8th, too, but the game was totally broken on his system and couldn't be recorded. Thus the Redux might be a Day 1 purchase for him, too!

To be honest, I may skip Early Access for this game (meaning the Mighty 8th). The original had enough unpatchable bugs for me, I'd rather not go through being a beta tester for it again. {g}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

em2nought

A B-24 variant with the digitized voice of Jimmy Stewart as the pilot would be an awesome thing.  Maybe put Clark Gable's voice in there as a waist gunner as well.  :Party:
Stolen elections have consequences.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I suspect they set a hard release deadline to coincide with the airing of the Masters of the Air miniseries.

Grim.Reaper

Early access release date confirmed to be January 24th.....two days ahead of masters of the air series:)

Grim.Reaper

Couple of things, early access date is now January 23rd and just read in latest blog that they plan to release bomber 3 at the same time, although the actual steam page doesn't say it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2142920/Bomber_3/

Father Ted

A scan of the Steam page shows this Bomber 3 thing to be just a port of a 25 year old game for modern OS, or am I missing something?