Main Menu

Friday Oyee

Started by Anguille, March 08, 2024, 07:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Happy Friday everyone,

Some music from one of my last trips (Burundi).

I would like to play:

- Endless Space 2 (new update)
- Imperium Greek Wars with the new Caesar DLC (most ideas came from for this one).

Cheers

Toonces

I picked up that DLC for Grand Tactician called Whiskey and Lemons.  I just scratched the surface of it, but it sort of reminded me of CK2, but in the US Civil War.  So far it's pretty neat!  I definitely want to spend more time with that.  I'm also hoping to spend some time fighting big ships, either Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts or Rule the Waves 3 (another Tripoli-inspired purchase).
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Continuing the Age of Empires IV Russian campaign and hoping to start a Stronghold: Warlords campaign as well as the Imjin War campaign in Civ V.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Catchy tune.

I recently got back into Red Dead Redemption 2.  I'm liking it a lot better than when I first played it years ago.

I plan on experimenting some more on a Table Top Simulator workshop item called "Axis and Allies: 2016" which is set during modern times.  Only I'm modifying gameplay to suit my personal desires.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

WallysWorld

I also am playing Red Dead Redemption 2 after buying it a few years ago and just starting it for the first time a few weeks ago. It's an excellent game.

Liking very much Nascar Heat 5 with my first Xfinity season and building up my team.

I'm also playing Il-2 1946 with the BAT mod and the "Blitzkrieg!" campaign by Tore found at Mission4today.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Geezer

Still having fun with Last Epoch.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Tripoli

BoC work.  Campaign Flashpoint playtesting.  CMO work. Possibly some Scourge of War South Mountain  and/or Rule the Waves play for the AARs.

[edit]: and will be playing Al's "War of a Madman's Making", which is available now on Steam
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

devoncop

After completing Shadowrun Returns am now onto the first sequel Shadowrun DragonFall, set in a futuristic decaying Berlin.....So far a very clever entertaining game with more than a few plots and quests that echo the Nazi era.

Bigger and better than Shadowrun Returns which I really enjoyed.

Will be downloading Al's "War of a Madman's Making" which just released .....looks very "Suzerain" like from the description which was a fun game.

Best of luck with it Al. Very positive Steam reviews so far too .

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on March 08, 2024, 08:45:07 AMContinuing the Age of Empires IV Russian campaign and hoping to start a Stronghold: Warlords campaign as well as the Imjin War campaign in Civ V.
I love how each Nation\Civilisation\Faction\Race mirrors some of it's historical flavour with game mechanics.
In the Russian's case, it's lumber huts that force a sprawling kind of civilisation that is hard to defend but easy to expand with and has huge advantages when it comes to resources.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

^I love the lumber huts  :Dreamer:

I haven't played any other civ yet but very much looking forward to playing the Chinese, Japanese and Abbasids. I wish each of them had their own campaign.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Destroyer the uboat hunter no doubt. So far having a bunch of fun with this.
Company of Heroes 3 -
War Thunder ships - Will probably ramp this up to see if I might get the battleship BADEN after the 14th.
Age of Empires IV - I have to finish mastering the Japanese.
Terminator Dark Defiance - Am loving this game.

Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on March 08, 2024, 06:14:37 PM^I love the lumber huts  :Dreamer:

I haven't played any other civ yet but very much looking forward to playing the Chinese, Japanese and Abbasids. I wish each of them had their own campaign.
The Chinese are great because they have an answer to everything. Choices are crazy and early access to gunpowder. Which is fine, but that gives them guns, which I thought were a European sort of deal. The Chinese invented gunpowder and used it for rockets, but I thought the Europeans were the ones that went gun crazy. I love the Chinese walls. A very strong faction especially because they have so many "landmark" buildings. When attacking them you have to destroy them all before winning.

The Abbassids are great because they have the age of enlightenment techs with rewards for concentrating and building a tonne of buildings in one place. Ends up looking like a major city. Camels of course are cool and get a bonus vs cavalry. Historically horses hated camels, they scared them. I imagine though that horses used to camels would not be so bad.

Japanese are cool because of their shinobi and samurai. I don't like the way they made the female horse archers armour piercing though but I guess they needed to get a crossbow kind of capability from somewhere early game. The female foot naginata troops are strange as well, I need to use them more. Cheap fast and poorly protected, they only seem to be average at damage. I guess they fit that home defense and early game rush niche. Also the Samurai cavalry I have a problem with visually, I hate that they have shields. They look stupid with shields. But again I am guessing some Samurai cavalry carried shields and that mechanically in game a shield is needed to give enough stats against ranged attack?
The shinobi ninja has great attack but little defense and is great for getting through walls to scout. Love that shinobi can disguise themselves as peasants to scout. Enemy scouts and towers\town halls will discover his\her ruse however.
Really cool that you can choose Shinto or Buddhism as well.

Samurai cavalry.

Gusington

^Your descriptions make these factions sound more fleshed out than in any other historical rts... :ThumbsUp:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Quote from: Gusington on March 08, 2024, 06:58:52 PM^Your descriptions make these factions sound more fleshed out than in any other historical rts... :ThumbsUp:
It's funny that sometimes simpler works better for flavour than having a complex game with what is essentially a set of "blockers" or rules to pigeon hole you into being a particular civilisation the way it was historically. The good thing about RTS is that you have the strategic back end with some tactical front end. You have a little bit of flexability for both as in reality.

I just think the AOEIV animations and model figures are outstanding in comparison to other AOE games as well. They are a pleasure to watch. Well proportioned and as you would expect from a 1/72 box of model soldiers.

Glorious

Gusington

:Dreamer: ^I can't argue, that is quite glorious  :tophat:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd