Armageddon™ invasion starts in 2014!

Started by Lord Zimoa, May 21, 2013, 10:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Arctic Blast on May 22, 2013, 03:47:40 PM
If it uses the PC engine, that's fine.

If it's just a re-branded PC, my interest level will register at nil.

Agreed.  An ambitious modder could produce that kind of outcome.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

JasonPratt

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 21, 2013, 11:55:33 AM
Can't wait for this.  Although, I do hope eventually, we get a grand strategy game in the vein of Distant Worlds set in the WH 40K universe.

Or even a decent mod for that. :)

(Or a mod importing the Doctor Who races.  ;D I know there's one for Star Trek already...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

undercovergeek

"The game is running on a modified Panzer Corps engine, Iain says." - this week

"It is a brand new game and design, so no idea why comparing it with Panzer Corps or Commander makes any sense." - last month, getting all shitty when everyone said boooooo itll be a PC mod for sure

LIES!!!!

Lord Zimoa

No, I still stick with what I said and no lies at all:

QuoteIt shares code with Panzer Corps but is an engine built specifically for the game. We have a hex based turn based engine - no point in throwing it away and starting again especially as we have it ported to iPad. Instead what you do is strip it back to the basics and then layer your new game on top. This is just common sense and how development works :) None of the combat model is being reused so it will play completely differently to Panzer Corps.

Like a car you have a base platform chassis and you can build a different car on it, the Audi A8, VW Phaeton , Bentley Continental GT and Bentley Flying Spur all are build on the same platform. But quite different cars I would say in the end, same goes with games. We can use eg. a game engine like Unity make it a RPG shooter or tactical strategy game, under the hood can be a very similar engine and base code, but they will be complete different games.

Of course as with the example with those cars above, they share some characteristics as all are eg. 4WD, the same with using PzC based code both games are hex based turn based tactical wargames, so a logic choice for us using one of the best platforms we have for this.

Now WH 40K is a hexbased turnbased tactical wargame and the PzC frame engine is perfect as a starting point, but it is far, far from just a mod, but just wait and see...

undercovergeek

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on August 22, 2013, 07:13:01 AM
No, I still stick with what I said and no lies at all:

QuoteIt shares code with Panzer Corps but is an engine built specifically for the game. We have a hex based turn based engine - no point in throwing it away and starting again especially as we have it ported to iPad. Instead what you do is strip it back to the basics and then layer your new game on top. This is just common sense and how development works :) None of the combat model is being reused so it will play completely differently to Panzer Corps.

Like a car you have a base platform chassis and you can build a different car on it, the Audi A8, VW Phaeton , Bentley Continental GT and Bentley Flying Spur all are build on the same platform. But quite different cars I would say in the end, same goes with games. We can use eg. a game engine like Unity make it a RPG shooter or tactical strategy game, under the hood can be a very similar engine and base code, but they will be complete different games.

Of course as with the example with those cars above, they share some characteristics as all are eg. 4WD, the same with using PzC based code both games are hex based turn based tactical wargames, so a logic choice for us using one of the best platforms we have for this.

Now WH 40K is a hexbased turnbased tactical wargame and the PzC frame engine is perfect as a starting point, but it is far, far from just a mod, but just wait and see...

unfortunately thats not the quote i used -

"It is a brand new game and design, so no idea why comparing it with Panzer Corps or Commander makes any sense."

that one however is

so........................?

Lord Zimoa

Sorry for the confusion.

I was not quoting you, but replying with another quote explaining the first quote, so in reply yes it is a brand new game and design, so no idea why comparing it with Panzer Corps or Commander makes any sense :

Why:

It shares code with Panzer Corps but is an engine built specifically for the game. We have a hex based turn based engine - no point in throwing it away and starting again especially as we have it ported to iPad. Instead what you do is strip it back to the basics and then layer your new game on top. This is just common sense and how development works :) None of the combat model is being reused so it will play completely differently to Panzer Corps.

and further:

Now WH 40K is a hexbased turnbased tactical wargame and the PzC frame engine is perfect as a starting point, but it is far, far from just a mod, it is a new game and new design of course with some obvious similarities, as I tried to explain above, but just wait and see...

Feel free to speculate as much as you want, all we can do is work, build and show in the end it is a very cool game project, than bring it out and watch all your opinions...

undercovergeek

Quote from: Lord Zimoa on August 22, 2013, 12:24:22 PM
Sorry for the confusion.

I was not quoting you, but replying with another quote explaining the first quote, so in reply yes it is a brand new game and design, so no idea why comparing it with Panzer Corps or Commander makes any sense :

Why:

It shares code with Panzer Corps but is an engine built specifically for the game. We have a hex based turn based engine - no point in throwing it away and starting again especially as we have it ported to iPad. Instead what you do is strip it back to the basics and then layer your new game on top. This is just common sense and how development works :) None of the combat model is being reused so it will play completely differently to Panzer Corps.

and further:

Now WH 40K is a hexbased turnbased tactical wargame and the PzC frame engine is perfect as a starting point, but it is far, far from just a mod, it is a new game and new design of course with some obvious similarities, as I tried to explain above, but just wait and see...

Feel free to speculate as much as you want, all we can do is work, build and show in the end it is a very cool game project, than bring it out and watch all your opinions...

i appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing it in action, thankyou

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

eyebiter

Cyrano

Well, first look is up on a variety of sites.

One shot <> experiencing a game! but it appears to be a VERY WELL CRAFTED PzC mod.

In, but disappointed.

Real issue to me will be MP and the ability to cherry-pick battles.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"

:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806