World of Tanks Teams Up with Girls Und Panzer

Started by RooksBailey, August 09, 2013, 09:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

jomni

Never watched but from what I read, this is a school extra curricular activity.  Of course they have to make things safe so that no one dies. Just like Judo, Kendo and other martial arts / and sports practiced in Japanese schools.

jomni

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 26, 2013, 04:16:59 PM
same model on hobby link japan is $38  ;)
http://www.hlj.com/product/PLZGP-7/Mil

That converted to Singapore Dollars is just $48!  That store is screwing some people. :)

RooksBailey

Quote from: jomni on August 26, 2013, 06:36:45 AM
Look what I found!

Following up on this:

The Seven Deadly Sins, Girls und Panzer and Gundams highlight Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby’s C3 Hobby booths

QuoteC3 Hobby is one of Japan’s largest hobby fairs and this is where toy and figure companies like Bandai usually shine. Now that the event has already started, let’s take a look at what the Japanese Hobby magazines Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan have in store for us.

The magazine also featured some tank madness with their Girls Und Panzer display which included some dioramas which depicted some scenes from the anime as well as some figures.

...And Mako is asleep on the tank, as usual.  :)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

theres a decent special going on where you get 25k, 75k and 150k for 5,10 and 15 wins in a day.  only once each per day all of September.  easiest thing to do is crank up your mid teir money maker and go to town.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Dolan50

School Girls and Tanks?
What is this some kind of new Japanese sexual perversion!
I thought the whole fantasy tank and skill buying in WoT was stupid and assanine,but teaming up with School Girls and Tanks for WoT is like a brand new low for them and completely pushes them further and further into the fantasy realm of child like warfare for children.

What's next ,My Little Panzer!!
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

GDS_Starfury

SgtRock

Quote from: Dolan50 on September 04, 2013, 09:12:28 AM
School Girls and Tanks?
I thought the whole fantasy tank and skill buying in WoT was stupid and assanine,but teaming up with School Girls and Tanks for WoT is like a brand new low for them and completely pushes them further and further into the fantasy realm of child like warfare for children.

Never try explain the Japanese, It'll just give you headache but, can anyone explain all that Little Pony stuff that was all over WOT when it first started up?

GDS_Starfury

eyebiter

Nefaro

Quote from: SgtRock on September 04, 2013, 04:17:57 PM
Quote from: Dolan50 on September 04, 2013, 09:12:28 AM
School Girls and Tanks?

Never try explain the Japanese, It'll just give you headache but, can anyone explain all that Little Pony stuff that was all over WOT when it first started up?

It often features innate pedophilia for some reason.   I find it very creepy.

Dolan50

It doesn't surprise me.
Wherever there's Children or Childrens' interests are involved there's bound to be Pedophiliacs.
That's why I never liked or trusted clowns.
A Corporate Executive,a Democrat and a Republican walk into a room.The CEO walks in first and notices 10 cookies on a plate and pockets 9 of them,then turns to the Republican and whispers in his ear  and says "The Democrat is trying to steal your cookie".

RooksBailey

Some more GuP & WoT news:

Girls und Panzer Manga Teaches You How to Play World of Tanks Game

QuoteOnline MMO-action game World of Tanks launched its service in Japan on September 5. To help kick off the release, they collaborated with popular series Girls und Panzer to publish a special tutorial comic. The tutorial is illustrated by Midori Hagi, and is called "Hajimete no Senshadou~ WoT for Beginners." The first chapter will feature characters from Girls und Panzer explaining the tanks in World of Tanks.

English version here:  http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/09/06/gup-wot-manga-in-english/

Also, this:

"Girls und Panzer" Fans Sell Replica Gear Shift Knob

QuoteWith the automotive club's Leopon Team and tank drink scene, Girls und Panzer certainly opened the door for a crossover with car customizing fans. And fans have walked through.

The Yuugai circle have made a replica Panzer IV gear shift knob. A limited allocation for Comic Zin sold out for 10,290yen each, but fans are able to commission more. The aluminum part, with black anodized finish, weighs about 250g and be installed in Japanese cars with various degrees of effort and conversion adapters.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Amazing how this show has captured the imagination of so many people.  While I don't believe the anime will ever catch on in the west as hugely as it has in Japan, I think a live action movie could be quite popular.  Let Zack Snyder make it.   :)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

anime is quite popular here in the US but its turned into stuff that folks like us probably wont watch.

Dolan50