Started by Grim.Reaper, March 06, 2024, 12:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 15, 2024, 03:25:18 AM
Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on May 14, 2024, 07:24:07 PMAny word on if you need a PS5 account or did they back off from that after the Helldivers 2 dust up?

Looks like Ghosts will suffer the same fate.

https://tech4gamers.com/ghost-of-tsushima-boycott-steam/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1qDPRf9I9Z6evKZWSD9Rv9Diko_NQlo6NEjBp7ZUQBOPZY8AdVrDFtcGk_aem_AeELaPQF0zFOv_RoBwY1tdwlHuZ1e7YvrR-zuwebxA3qnh3MJH0KRtVZvCl-5eGTv8yXIerTXcXJkz7d2IEPQUo2

However, it is being stated by the company in this article the account is not required for single player mode, although I certainly understand people who want to do online co op would be impacted, especially in the countries that can't even get an account.  Seems like they are leaving a lot of money on the table by not finding a different way to handle online modes and they are certainly going to be crushed by review bombs.  At least for me, I only play single player mode so plan to enjoy it for what it is.

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/open-world/following-sonys-helldivers-debacle-ghost-of-tsushimas-psn-requirement-gets-it-removed-from-steam-in-over-170-countries/#:~:text=No%20PSN%20account%2Dlinking%20is,other%20PlayStation%2Dpublished%20PC%20ports.

em2nought

I see this topic and I wish it was about Distant Guns without the terrible copy protection.
Stolen elections have consequences.

Grim.Reaper

Preload now unpacked and ready to play, just have to finish this work day first:)

Gusington

^Me too, but I am about to take a sneak peek.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Made it through prologue tonight in about an hour.  Good start but now for things to open up a bit.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on Yesterday at 07:47:40 PMFiring it up now.

My only minor negatives so far unless I missed something, is the fact you have to play through the entire prologue/tutorial every time you restart a single player campaign.  In addition, I haven't found a way to skip cut scenes yet.  Hoping maybe I am over looking options.

Otherwise, not sure I would ever restart or play through again as I wouldn't want to see all that stuff again, but maybe the game isn't meant to be played more than once.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on Today at 03:57:11 AM

My only minor negatives so far unless I missed something, is the fact you have to play through the entire prologue/tutorial every time you restart a single player campaign.  In addition, I haven't found a way to skip cut scenes yet.  Hoping maybe I am over looking options.

Otherwise, not sure I would ever restart or play through again as I wouldn't want to see all that stuff again, but maybe the game isn't meant to be played more than once.

Bro, I get what you're saying, but the game is absolutely friggin' HUUUUGE! It should take you dozens and dozens and dozens of hours to finish on the first go around. You've just started. Enjoy the ride before getting concerned about what happens after you finish.

This is definitely the high water mark of interactive story telling. It's an experience more than just a game.

For the record, this is the third time I've started from the beginning. No complaints.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on Today at 06:37:03 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on Today at 03:57:11 AM

Bro, I get what you're saying, but the game is absolutely friggin' HUUUUGE! It should take you dozens and dozens and dozens of hours to finish on the first go around. You've just started. Enjoy the ride before getting concerned about what happens after you finish.

This is definitely the high water mark of interactive story telling. It's an experience more than just a game.

For the record, this is the third time I've started from the beginning. No complaints.

Not when you start over multiple times at the start, whether because of some issue and/or learned something you wished you would have done when you first started.  Its not uncommon for me to do restarts in these types of games when I am becoming comfortable with a game.  And as for cut scenes, even in some of my first time play throughs I like to skip things that aren't important to me as I just want to get into the action and a lot of games give you that option, although I realize this particular games relies strongly on the story.  Just seems like very easy options for developers to add.

With all that said, never had any concerns about myself enjoying it, just was stating some minor things which I wished would have been included.  I am sure this will be a great game and look forward to playing more this weekend.

Gusington

Finished the prologue last night, will be diving deeper this weekend. I love the option to have the dialogue in Japanese with English subtitles. I may play again to try Kurosawa mode  :Nerd:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd