The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Humankind on sale @ Steam for 9.99 for the base game, 23.99 for the 'premium' game.

Anyone playing it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

88mmkwk

CIV 5 complete bundle is 87% off on Steam at $19.43 for the base game plus ALL expansions.  I played the original I and II versions and 5 seems to be one of the best respected updates.  At this price for the whole shebang, I am jumping in....

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/575/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_V_Complete/
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

W8taminute

Quote from: 88mmkwk on September 28, 2023, 09:00:08 PMCIV 5 complete bundle is 87% off on Steam at $19.43 for the base game plus ALL expansions.  I played the original I and II versions and 5 seems to be one of the best respected updates.  At this price for the whole shebang, I am jumping in....

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/575/Sid_Meiers_Civilization_V_Complete/

Of all of the 'modern' civ games I like V much better than VI.  That is s good deal and I would have jumped on that if I didn't already have the base game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

I also like Civ V the best of all the newer games.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Yeah CiV as it's commonly abbreviated does a great job capturing the essence of the earlier titles and streamlining the game mechanics in a modern package. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Warhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr Definitive Edition (all expansions/DLC) on sale @ Steam for 9.00. Somebody stop me.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on October 02, 2023, 12:29:03 PMWarhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr Definitive Edition (all expansions/DLC) on sale @ Steam for 9.00. Somebody stop me.

Stop!  :ROFL:

In all seriousness though, while I enjoy the game it does get samey after a while.  Still for $9 how many hours of attention grabbing do you really demand?
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^Heh, maybe...10-20 hours? I haven't PC-gamed any WH or any WH40k in a long time.

9 American dollars really hits that pricing sweet spot, for the whole smorgasbord of expansions, etc.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Destroyer - The U-Boat Hunter is also on sale for 14.99...oh dear.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on October 02, 2023, 12:53:16 PM^Heh, maybe...10-20 hours? I haven't PC-gamed any WH or any WH40k in a long time.

9 American dollars really hits that pricing sweet spot, for the whole smorgasbord of expansions, etc.

You'll get around 10 out of it pretty easily, but there are far better 40k games out there.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

^Don't leave me hanging! Which WH40k do you prefer lately?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on October 02, 2023, 01:21:38 PM^Don't leave me hanging! Which WH40k do you prefer lately?

Chaos Gate Daemonhunters (though the difficultly level there sometimes grating), Mechanicus and Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 come to mind immediately as 40k games I much prefer.  None seem to be on sale right now though. 

Gusington

I've played a few hours of Mechanicus, and I have Armada 2 but have not played it yet.

Chaos Gate looks good, wishlisted it for when it hits that 9 dollah threshold.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mbar

Quote from: Gusington on October 02, 2023, 12:29:03 PMWarhammer 40k: Inquisitor - Martyr Definitive Edition (all expansions/DLC) on sale @ Steam for 9.00. Somebody stop me.

The price I can't understand. $9.00 for a complete collection but if I buy the DLC I don't have it is $7.49
Umm. What?

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd