The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Gah I paid full price for it...stupid. I think I am done doing that. I went so long never paying full price and then caved with COH2, Rome II and a few others for about a year. Have to swing the pendulum back.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on December 06, 2013, 07:20:08 PM
Gah I paid full price for it...stupid. I think I am done doing that. I went so long never paying full price and then caved with COH2, Rome II and a few others for about a year. Have to swing the pendulum back.

Gus, any impressions?  U think worth the $13 or not so much?

Gusington

The game is frenetic but detailed. I enjoy it but I never played the original.

13.00, well, it depends on your tastes. I haven't played much only because I wanted to save it for a later date, not because I didn't like it. I personally think its worth 13.00 and probably 26.00. But 60.00...probably not.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

republic

-budd-

Sir, you are being hunted ... steam .... http://store.steampowered.com/app/242880/ .. 50% off for another day.

Early access alpha game. I bought in as i like the premise and after doing my due diligence think there is enough here to be playable and fun. The Dev's  have been putting out monthly updates pretty regularly. I spend the first probably hour of the game getting my controls and graphic settings right and that's all it took to get my ass hunted, damn balloon spotted me and called in some robots...run forest...run. I think this is a game where you have to be able to role play the part to get the most fun out of it as it's a slow stealth game.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Staggerwing

Quote from: republic on December 08, 2013, 11:36:51 AM
Just got this in an email:

Better hurry! You might save enough to order an extra dollar-menu item at McDonalds!  :D
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

tgb

Quote from: Greybriar on December 08, 2013, 12:49:12 PM

Shrapnel Games' Extended Download Service

Wow! Only $5 to extend download availability to two years!!!  Does it apply to this?

Greybriar

Quote from: tgb on December 08, 2013, 02:11:19 PM

Wow! Only $5 to extend download availability to two years!!!  Does it apply to this?

Probably just the digital download versions of the games would be my guess, tgb.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

steve58

With the recent release of World in Flames, there may even be hope for All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy. Pre-orders from 1999?? :o
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

tgb

Quote from: steve58 on December 08, 2013, 04:00:01 PM

Perhaps they are waiting for Microsoft to ramp up XP support again.

With the recent release of World in Flames, there may even be hope for All American: The 82nd Airborne in Normandy. Pre-orders from 1999?? :o

BanzaiCat

I got a $50 Visa gift card at the company party last night, and have no idea how to blow it on games. Or if I should hold on to it and wait to see if Steam's Christmas sale is worth a wait.

undercovergeek

https://store.bistudio.com/

BIS christmas sale - Arma III delux at 31 euros - whatever they are!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 08, 2013, 06:38:03 PM
https://store.bistudio.com/

BIS christmas sale - Arma III delux at 31 euros - whatever they are!

Dirty fur'nur money, son.

Toonces

I hesitate to post this, as I know I'm going to get some of us in trouble, but FSPilotShop is having a pretty good holiday sale.

I was just browsing around and there are some good deals on planes, especially some Razbam stuff.  Ensure you check compatibility, though, because some of the stuff is FS 2004 only...just do your due diligence before you press buy.

For example:  T-2 Buckeye $15 (50% off)
A-6 for $10 (50% off)
EA-6B for $10 (about 65% off!)

The Prowler looks really nice...

Oooops...Linky:  http://www.fspilotshop.com/specials.php

Also, Razbam's website has some deals, although not quite as good as above...mostly for the Thirdwire compatible stuff.  http://www.razbamsims.com/

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs