The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

It's been a LONG time since I had an interest in WWII air sims but I read a little about IL2 1946 today and I see it for 4.99...that has got to be worth it eh?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Are you getting the GOG version?

http://www.gog.com/game/il_2_sturmovik_1946

Since I already own it the price doesn't show for me but it can't be much more than the $4.99 you mentioned.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

No the Steam version. I am guessing there is no difference...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

For $5 you probably can't go too wrong.  I picked it up in a past holiday sale for about the same price.   It seemed to a lot of flight sim gurus it was one of the best games ever released and was fairly realistic.  I never full got into everything, but I certainly got my $5 worth.   At the time it seemed the graphics were a bit dated, but too be expected since has been around awhile.  Maybe even mods exist to help improve, not sure.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I was just poking around the iTunes App store looking for some wargames and found that Slitherine's Legion is 4.99 (it's normally 9.99). Battle Academy, which is normally a steep 19.99, is 'only' 9.99 now. It says the prices are good through January 2. Panzer Corps, which just came out, is still 19.99 unfortunately, but then again it DID just come out.

Tiller has a couple of titles for 2.99 each also (PC Bulge '44 and PC Tunisia '43), as well as a free/lite version of both, and a free/lite version of Modern Air Power (no paid version, though).

BanzaiCat

Add to that Sid Meier's Ace Patrol - the first/WWI version is FREE on the iPad, apparently. The Pacific Skies one is 2.99.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2013, 05:24:18 AM
For $5 you probably can't go too wrong.  I picked it up in a past holiday sale for about the same price.   It seemed to a lot of flight sim gurus it was one of the best games ever released and was fairly realistic.  I never full got into everything, but I certainly got my $5 worth.   At the time it seemed the graphics were a bit dated, but too be expected since has been around awhile.  Maybe even mods exist to help improve, not sure.

I never got into the IL-2 series.  It seemed nice for it's day but just never hooked me despite having a randomized campaign generator.

Gusington

I had the very first game in the IL2 series about 12 years ago and sucked utterly at it. But now I'd like to try again :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

WallysWorld

Steam has Train Simulator 2014 82% off at $9.89 US for the next 42 hours.

All of the DLC are also are 40-75% off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

undercovergeek

-budd-

pc version Sid Meier's Ace Patrol ----- $1.25 on GG for about the next 17 hours
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ACEP/sid-meiers-ace-patrol
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

tgb

Quote from: -budd- on December 21, 2013, 09:46:34 AM

I bought that on Day 1.  I'd like to see similar pricing for the Pacific Theater version.

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on December 21, 2013, 12:09:24 PM
Quote from: -budd- on December 21, 2013, 09:46:34 AM

I bought that on Day 1.  I'd like to see similar pricing for the Pacific Theater version.

I thought they were both going for that price today?

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys