The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

I'm currently playing thief gold, just started, on mission #3.  some recommendations before you play. check your version number, my version from GOG is using new dark 1.21 i believe and i would also install the latest TFix patch and the HD mod.

TFix ...... http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733
HD Mod..  http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135188

I am currently using these without problem so far on GOG version.

Here's a couple of shot of the HD mod, looks alot better than the stock.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Thief rocks. I hope the upcoming game can live up to its lineage.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on February 21, 2014, 10:30:32 AM
Thanks eyebiter!  Game is currently OOS (out of Steam keys) on Amazon, but I was able to apply the credit.  Credit is good for 2 weeks (I think), so I should be able to get Thief when its back in stock.

Looks like its back in stock.  Just got my code.  Thanks again.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JudgeDredd

Steam has ARMA III on sale for 40% off
Alba gu' brath

airboy

Space Empires IV Delux (the best 4x Space Strategy Game Ever) is less than $4.00 on www.gog.com
Sales on many other wargames or strategy games this weekend.

JudgeDredd

Also, Splinter Cell:Blacklist is on sale - 66% off. Both are superb games.
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

Huh. I didn't know GoG had a working copy of the Strategy First version of the very first Combat Mission game. (On sale this week for $4.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

I got a little ticked this weekend with Steam and the Ubisoft sale. Far Cry 3 was only $6.49. Admittedly I didn't jump on it immediately but waited until later in the day, then when I went to buy it the damned thing was not on sale any more - it went up to $19.49 or so and Steam had a message that said, "We're sorry, we ran out of keys." Apparently some that got it at that lower price didn't get a key for it, so at least I didn't get hosed there and have to wait.

I did pick up World In Conflict, though. 8)

Jarhead0331

WiC was a great game in its day. However, now that Wargame is here, I'll probably never touch WiC again...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 24, 2014, 10:59:40 AM
I got a little ticked this weekend with Steam and the Ubisoft sale. Far Cry 3 was only $6.49. Admittedly I didn't jump on it immediately but waited until later in the day, then when I went to buy it the damned thing was not on sale any more - it went up to $19.49 or so and Steam had a message that said, "We're sorry, we ran out of keys." Apparently some that got it at that lower price didn't get a key for it, so at least I didn't get hosed there and have to wait.

I did pick up World In Conflict, though. 8)

The Gamersgate newsletter says they'll have Crysis 3 on sale for 70% off some day this week IIRC.  Along with other daily deals like Endless Space Emperor's Edition 75% off.

Martok

GamersGate has a few nice sales going on, including ones for Endless Space, the Command & Conquer collection and the Mass Effect trilogy.  Given all that I've heard about the ME series over the years, I think I have to go ahead and finally get it. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Greybriar

Quote from: Martok on February 24, 2014, 12:48:47 PM
GamersGate has a few nice sales going on, including ones for Endless Space, the Command & Conquer collection and the Mass Effect trilogy.  Given all that I've heard about the ME series over the years, I think I have to go ahead and finally get it.

The only downside I can see is that the former requires Steam (which some like and others don't) and the latter two have: "DRM:EA Origin (Requires a third-party download and account)" which is a lot worse IMHO. I have wanted to buy the Mass Effect games for years, but it looks like I will have to pass on them again.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Martok

Crap.  I missed the part about ME requiring EA Origin.  :( 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Well I'm officially confused.... if I follow your link I get a big page highlighting the game but no way to purchase it..... if I search for the game they haven't got it

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 24, 2014, 02:53:35 PM
Well I'm officially confused.... if I follow your link I get a big page highlighting the game but no way to purchase it..... if I search for the game they haven't got it

You may be on the wrong side of the pond fer this.....