The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

no no, just a list of purchases Gus needs to make

id be surprised to see an AOW sale for a while

Silent Disapproval Robot

Red Orchestra 2: GOTY will be available free on Steam today (Apr 23) for 24 hours. 

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=98959

Shelldrake

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 23, 2014, 09:52:39 AM
Red Orchestra 2: GOTY will be available free on Steam today (Apr 23) for 24 hours. 

Cool. Thanks for the heads up SDR!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

JasonPratt

Without having yet played EU3 (and its accoutrements), I went ahead and picked up everything EU4ish on sale from GG, plus a few CK2 things on sale that I hadn't picked up yet. (Not everything for both games was on sale apparently.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I was doing so well on purchases this year too...did not get anything new until last weekend and got discounted copies of Thief and Red Dragon. Now this Paradox sale. The only thing I have going for me is that EU4 has flumoxed me in the past.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on April 23, 2014, 01:09:00 PM
I was doing so well on purchases this year too...did not get anything new until last weekend and got discounted copies of Thief and Red Dragon. Now this Paradox sale. The only thing I have going for me is that EU4 has flumoxed me in the past.

Same here. I resisted the Christmas sales but in the last week picked up Red Dragon, Panzer Corps Afrika Korps and Allied Corps, and Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes (all at 25-75% discount).
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Rayfer

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 23, 2014, 09:52:39 AM

Sorry, I tend to over-complicate things.  Is it being given away free but you have to grab it in the next 24 hours. Or is free to play for the next 24 hours at which time you would have to pay to keep it? The way it is worded, you could interpret it either way.

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's my understanding that it's free to keep if you download it today.

Gusington

We need help. A gaming straightjacket maybe.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on April 23, 2014, 01:49:44 PM

This.

I got Left For Dead 2 the same way awhile back.  You have to download/install it today then you have it permanently.

bbmike

What!? What sorcery is this?
We'll push that "37% of games never played at Steam" number up to 50% at least! Forward, Grogheads! Fill your hard drives with unplayed glory!!  ;D
Downloading now...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Rayfer

Quote from: bbmike on April 23, 2014, 02:42:22 PM

What!? What sorcery is this?
We'll push that "37% of games never played at Steam" number up to 50% at least! Forward, Grogheads! Fill your hard drives with unplayed glory!!  ;D
Downloading now...

Sir, yes sir. Downloading now as well.

Nefaro

With RO2, you also get to play the Rising Storm multi-player content as riflemen.   ;)

Multiplayer is where it's at, of course.  Whether on the East front or Pacific.

Toonces

I spend 90% of my time in Rising Storm as a Rifleman anyway.

You simply must get this now.  It is a great (multiplayer) game!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

-budd-

Wow..... apparently i already own RO2 and rising storm.....go figure :o
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.