The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

EU IV and some of the DLC are 75% off at Steam until June 2nd:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

bbmike

Quote from: WallysWorld on May 29, 2014, 02:29:11 PM
EU IV and some of the DLC are 75% off at Steam until June 2nd:  http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/

Wow, I wasn't aware that I was missing so many EU4 DLC packs!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

steve58

At $3.74, I'm gonna have to pick up that Conquest of Paradise DLC.  Wonder why the Conquistadors and Native Americans (I) unit DLCs aren't included in the sale.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Trying to ignore the EUIV sale.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

Quote from: steve58 on May 29, 2014, 03:09:58 PM
At $3.74, I'm gonna have to pick up that Conquest of Paradise DLC.  Wonder why the Conquistadors and Native Americans (I) unit DLCs aren't included in the sale.

To me, that's the best one to date. I love the random New World stuff!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

WallysWorld

Quote from: Gusington on May 29, 2014, 03:47:16 PM
Trying to ignore the EUIV sale.
So am I, but my willpower is weakening...
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Gusington

Who am I kidding, me too :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on May 29, 2014, 04:34:34 PM
Who am I kidding, me too :/

I thought you were in at the next sale?

BanzaiCat

If I had it, I'd be all over this sale...you know, raising kids gets big time in the way of gaming acquisitions!  8)

Gusington

I didn't think the next sale would come so soon. Deal is too good to pass up. What is the must have dlc?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

So I love CKII, but then I love that period of history.  What would y'all say about EUIV?  I am interested in the period as I am interested in all history just not as much as other parts of history.  But would my love for CKII be enough to justify getting and indication of enjoying EUIV?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Nefaro

Quote from: TheCommandTent on May 29, 2014, 09:14:07 PM
So I love CKII, but then I love that period of history.  What would y'all say about EUIV?  I am interested in the period as I am interested in all history just not as much as other parts of history.  But would my love for CKII be enough to justify getting and indication of enjoying EUIV?

They play differently, but I enjoy both quite a bit.

At ten dollars, it's a no-brainer IMO.  You may also want to get the DLC pack with the extra colonization and randomization of the Americas since it's also on sale. 

You'll still have to learn the ins & outs of EU4 but if you figured out CK2 you'll be fine. 

undercovergeek

i play them the same, you just have to be a bit more abstract in EUIV

in CKII youre obviously steering your character, youve just got to make the leap to steering your nation and feeling the same amount of attachment to the nation as you do your guy in CKII - then it all comes together

Both brilliant

Im still on vanilla for EUIV

TheCommandTent

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 30, 2014, 03:14:50 AM
i play them the same, you just have to be a bit more abstract in EUIV

in CKII youre obviously steering your character, youve just got to make the leap to steering your nation and feeling the same amount of attachment to the nation as you do your guy in CKII - then it all comes together

Both brilliant

Im still on vanilla for EUIV

That is an interesting distinction you make there.  Now that I think of it while I did try to build up my realm in CKII I really only cared about my character and his dynasty not the nation its self.  Is it as easy to get attached to your nation in EUIV as it is your character in CKII?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

undercovergeek

id say its a mental leap you have to make - CKII you have the guys face, his home, you can see his kids and all his characteristics, find him a wife and you can seriously RPG him like you would if it was you, or some crazy bastard you used to know

Its the same for the country, it has its own characteristics - trade items, resources, coastlines with ports and pirates, find it allies, name its rivals and go serious on anyone who steals a territory and also RPG it - this is the leap - like it was your country, how would you want to shape it and what decisions would you make. I pull back from gamey decisions or suicide decisions like attacking france too early or declaring war on X, because if i genuinely feel itll go bad, i wouldnt have done it if i was Grand Emperor Undercovergeek in 1472!