The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

for the next hour GOG has the new shadow warrior for $7.99
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

smittyohio

Gamersgate has FIFA 14 on sale for 19.98 for another 2 days or so.   Yes, it uses Origins...  :(

Gusington

Grim Dawn for 17.49 on Steam...has some very positive reviews there. Can anyone comment?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on June 29, 2014, 01:46:01 PM
Grim Dawn for 17.49 on Steam...has some very positive reviews there. Can anyone comment?

It's from (and similar to) the people who did Titan Quest

I've held off purchasing it because

1) It's incomplete Early Access right now and

2) Even the full release is supposed to only be approximately 20 hours of playthrough.  In other words, they're gonna DLC the hell out of it for content.  So I'm in 'Wait and See', especially since the new Divinity is going full-release tomorrow. 

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Titan Quest quite a bit and this different setting will be fun.  I can just afford to wait for the right moment, when I'm ready to play it, as opposed to purchasing now and waiting months before doing so.  When I'm ready, perhaps some extra content DLC and the most needed patches will have been done.

Gusington

Good points. Will wait and see myself. Thanks Nef.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Matrix deal of the week, Scourge of War: Gettysburg 150th Edition...$50...lot of gaming.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3647583

Martok

GamersGate is currently doing a Wizards of the Coast special for various D&D-related titles: 

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=wizmidweek&aff=ggnews

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Greybriar

Quote from: Martok on June 30, 2014, 12:49:58 PM
GamersGate is currently doing a Wizards of the Coast special for various D&D-related titles: 

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=wizmidweek&aff=ggnews

If there's anyone left who doesn't own the Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale series as well as The Temple of Elemental Evil and Planescape: Torment, I heartily recommend picking up all of them in the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection from GamersGate for a paltry $4.99 U.S.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on June 29, 2014, 01:46:01 PM

I got it during the summer sale for 7.99. Looks good to me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Quote from: W8taminute on June 28, 2014, 09:06:58 AM
My opinion though is coming from a casual FPS player whereas JH has real world and Aliens: Colonial Marines experience to judge Ghosts by.   ;)

Other important data now included.  :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on June 30, 2014, 10:06:20 AM
Matrix deal of the week, Scourge of War: Gettysburg 150th Edition...$50...lot of gaming.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3647583

Wow! They've been going all-in recently on their sales, haven't they?

What we always told them would work must be working, huh.  :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JudgeDredd

I haven't bought a single thing in their sales - mainly because I've "kind of" moved away from their games - seeming to be Panzer General clones with "other bits", but effectively very similar gameplay - or too expensive for not a lot (CMANO was my worst purchase by far I think), WiF broken and full price - or just not interested.

Anything I was interested in, I have.
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

True, everything they've had on sale so far I either already had or didn't want. (Or was a special situation like DW:U's release.)

I'll be gettin this, though, if it looks substantially less expensive to pick this up instead of the expansions piecemeal: I already have ScOWar.

Toonces

Scourge of War is awesome.  I already own everything, but if I didn't I'd be all over that deal.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: Toonces on July 01, 2014, 09:47:41 PM
Scourge of War is awesome.  I already own everything, but if I didn't I'd be all over that deal.

Indeed.  And same here. 

I don't see how any Civil War strategy game at the battle level will ever compare to SOW's gameplay anytime in the foreseeable future.  It's why I didn't even bother picking up the new one from that TW modder;  if I plan on playing an ACW strategy game on that level, it will absolutely be SOW every time.

I'm also looking forward to their upcoming Napoleonic version(s).  8)