The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2014, 07:43:11 PM
It would be my first foray into these games. Plus my back log is...girthy. I can't justify the purchase when I have Wolfenstein waiting in the wings.

Understandable...if you haven't played Sniper Elite V2, you might want to start with that anyway, for a cheaper price to see if you like...heck, it was totally free a few weeks back:)

Gusington

Isn't V2 from almost 10 years ago? The setting for this new game is what's drawing me. I have a strong interest in North Africa, my Gramps served there, etc.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on July 09, 2014, 07:47:54 PM
Isn't V2 from almost 10 years ago? The setting for this new game is what's drawing me. I have a strong interest in North Africa, my Gramps served there, etc.

No, Sniper Elite V2 came out April 30, 2012......you might be thinking the very first version.....version 2 is very similar to v3 in play mechanics, but a bunch of new things added to refine it like bigger maps, little more stealthy, multiple approaches to targets, etc.

But if you like Africa, v3 is the way to go...

Gusington

^Ah ok I'm thinking of the first game then...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

GamersGate is doing a 75% off sale for various Total War games/DLC.  In addition, they also have discounts for various space games, including Endless Space, Horizon, AI War, and the X series. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Shelldrake

Lots of indie RPG goodness in the GOG weekend sale. The Dragonfall expansion for Shadowrun Returns is only $6 so I know what I will be doing this weekend!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 11, 2014, 07:36:46 AM
So OOTP15 is now 50% off

Good price for it....I'll likely start my league soon, they also just released a major update and sound like the developer will largely be moving on to ootp 16 development so stable enough for me.

JudgeDredd

I can't remember - can you import your current season from a previous version? I'd hate to start over (again!)
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 11, 2014, 07:51:28 AM
I can't remember - can you import your current season from a previous version? I'd hate to start over (again!)

Absolutely...off the main menu, there is an import OOTP14 league file option...

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 11, 2014, 07:51:28 AM

It's been that way every year, lately.  I think it is still the same.

bbmike

Quote from: Shelldrake on July 11, 2014, 05:27:23 AM
Lots of indie RPG goodness in the GOG weekend sale. The Dragonfall expansion for Shadowrun Returns is only $6 so I know what I will be doing this weekend!

The Geneforge/Avernum collections are a great deal. I find them a little difficult but they remind me of old school D&D. Lots of good story in them.

Quote from: Martok on July 10, 2014, 12:07:44 PM
GamersGate is doing a 75% off sale for various Total War games/DLC.  In addition, they also have discounts for various space games, including Endless Space, Horizon, AI War, and the X series. 

I picked up Horizon during the Steam Summer sale but haven't tried it yet.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

FlickJax

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: FlickJax on July 11, 2014, 09:04:01 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 11, 2014, 08:04:42 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 11, 2014, 07:36:46 AM
So OOTP15 is now 50% off

..until the 16th.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of-the-park-baseball/

Damn was about to buy divinity original sin....dont know what to do now :(

Simple....buy both....why choose:)

But in all seriousness, if you can only buy one, I would recommend OOTP since sale is limited....plus, Divinity is releasing almost a patch a day and not on sale, you can always pick that up later when patches slow down and you have the money....maybe even by then it will be on sale...don't get me wrong though, I would buy both if possible:)