The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

OOTP15 is very tempting since it runs natively on Linux and I know it isn't on sale often.

I'm a bit daunted though.  I know very little about baseball and I'm worried about the learning curve.  What do y'all reckon?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 11, 2014, 12:59:33 PM
OOTP15 is very tempting since it runs natively on Linux and I know it isn't on sale often.

I'm a bit daunted though.  I know very little about baseball and I'm worried about the learning curve.  What do y'all reckon?

If you have the slightest interest in baseball, best game around for it.  It might be an opportunity for you to learn baseball as you play the game

JudgeDredd

Gunship! is on Steam for £5
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

I'm put off by OOTP 15 because of the lack of proper names and team names
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 11, 2014, 01:19:08 PM

You can still get them....you just have to hit the random names option a few times and will get real names.  It is there way to get around the license issue.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 11, 2014, 01:21:34 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on July 11, 2014, 01:19:08 PM

You can still get them....you just have to hit the random names option a few times and will get real names.  It is there way to get around the license issue.

Just confirmed, started a game and I was able to get real team names...

FlickJax

got it....not many options..........WOW never seen so many in a game in my life:) gonna take a while. Tried the random fix and it worked.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: FlickJax on July 11, 2014, 04:12:29 PM
got it....not many options..........WOW never seen so many in a game in my life:) gonna take a while. Tried the random fix and it worked.

Great...hope you enjoy...for your first play through, might just want to choose a standard league that mirrors MLB with options pre-selected for you....at least until your comfortable.

FlickJax

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 11, 2014, 01:02:27 PM

If you have the slightest interest in baseball, best game around for it.  It might be an opportunity for you to learn baseball as you play the game

I certainly learned details about baseball contracts from it when I first started playing.  Took a little reading of the in-game manual to stick, though.

EDIT:  Also.. it still has the official logo megapacks available directly from the "Add-On Central" link at the bottom of the main menu, doesn't it?  First thing to do !

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on July 12, 2014, 12:09:40 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 11, 2014, 01:02:27 PM

I certainly learned details about baseball contracts from it when I first started playing.  Took a little reading of the in-game manual to stick, though.

EDIT:  Also.. it still has the official logo megapacks available directly from the "Add-On Central" link at the bottom of the main menu, doesn't it?  First thing to do !
Thanks - just what I was looking for
Alba gu' brath

bbmike

OOTP has such a dedicated fan base I think you'll always be able to find real team names/logos somewhere.  ;)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JudgeDredd

I still think the interface looks sh!te compared to OOTP14 - but that is aesthetic and will most definitely be open to opinion...mine is - it sux  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Huw the Poo

Has there ever been a game whose interface you've liked, JD? :P

JudgeDredd

What can I say - I have high aesthetic requirements  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath