The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Command OPs

if you get any of the expansions dont forget to download and unzip the data packs for the expansions or it wont work. The data packs make the expansions work with the new build. I picked up the Greece expansion, even at the christmas sale their not cheaper, usually 33% off.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

steve58

Matrixgames Deal of the Week is Napoleon in Italy for $ 9.99

In order to lighten up your Monday, we introduce you the new Deal of the Week. You can save up 66% on Napoleon in Italy for the duration of the week! That is a great deal for all of you who are ready to follow the earliest footsteps of this military genius.

Lead the young Napoleon's French Army on his first campaign against the Austrians and Piedmontese in Northern Italy or try to stop Napoleon's dedicated army and tactical brilliance with the mighty allied army of Austria. Experience a great interface and addicting gameplay based on realistically modelled Napoleonic combat. Napoleon in Italy includes a year-long Full Campaign, 7 short historical campaigns and a guided Tutorial.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

RooksBailey

The Evochron series is 50% off over at Gamer's Gate for those of you who are biding their time before jumping on Elite: Dangerous  ;):

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=EvochronMidweek&aff=ggnews
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Greybriar

Amazon is offering a TopWare RPG Collection for $5.99 U.S. It includes Two Worlds Epic Edition, Two Worlds II Velvet GOTY Edition, Enclave, KnightShift, Gorky 17 (a.k.a. Odium), and Septerra Core.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

mirth

Quote from: Greybriar on August 06, 2014, 06:17:12 AM
Amazon is offering a TopWare RPG Collection for $5.99 U.S. It includes Two Worlds Epic Edition, Two Worlds II Velvet GOTY Edition, Enclave, KnightShift, Gorky 17 (a.k.a. Odium), and Septerra Core.

Thanks for the heads up for this. Turns out I had a little gift card money with Amazon I had forgotten about and was able to pick it up for free.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Shelldrake

GOG has EECH and EEAH on sale this weekend. Pick up the mods from simhq and you are ready to rock!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Nefaro

Quote from: Shelldrake on August 08, 2014, 07:19:45 AM
GOG has EECH and EEAH on sale this weekend. Pick up the mods from simhq and you are ready to rock!

EECH is the only one you need. ;)

Rayfer

Hmm...Gamersgate main page says the daily deal is Total War: Rome II for 75% off but when you click on the link it comes up for $59.99 with a host of DLC's listed beneath it at a variety of discounts.  Would have been tempting for around $15.00.

Martok

Yeah, either GG borked things up and forgot to drop the price on the main game, or that's a hell of a bait-and-switch. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

Legends of Eisenwald on sale at Steam for 9.99...this may become a more pricey weekend than I thought.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on August 08, 2014, 05:00:06 PM
Legends of Eisenwald on sale at Steam for 9.99...this may become a more pricey weekend than I thought.

Still basically in alpha state; I disrecommend.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Dawn of War (1) is on sale this weekend at Steam -- that's good!

Only the first game of the first set and its expansion (Winter Assault) is on sale; Dark Crusade and Soulstorm are still full price. That's bad.

But the full collection of all four games is also on sale at 75% off, or just under $10 US -- that's good!

Relic removed or deactivated all direct connection methods of multiplayer, including LAN. That's bad.

Relic has been moving remote multiple player off the dying servers onto new dedicated servers of their own -- that's good!

The new servers are still desynching regularly. That's bad.

Anyone wanting to play multiplayer at all, even in the same room or house, must go offsite through the new mp servers instead of LANning -- thats... crap, that's really bad.

But Sega does seem to be giving Relic permission to try to restart support for the old games this way. So that's good!

The support so far is ineptly half-assed, and breaks what was still working without any problems. That's bad.

The final main update for the truly epic and comprehensive Ultimate Apocalypse mod should still release sometime soon -- that's good!

No idea if it works with the Steam version of the game -- that's bad. (For Steam owners.)

At least no one on the Steam comments seems to be complaining that the files have to be lightly hacked to play on Windows 8 anymore -- that's.... good? I guess?

Even so, the frogurt is currently cursed.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Still alpha eh...some around here were enjoying it...can't remember who...either way you just saved me 9.99 that I will put towards Elite.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Saints Row IV is on sale on Steam for 9.99, normally twice the price.

Couldn't resist. Had my eye on this for a while now. Just ended up playing it about five hours straight today, too...it's a helluva lot of fun! Much more than 2 or 3.

Greybriar

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on August 09, 2014, 04:36:04 PM
Saints Row IV is on sale on Steam for 9.99, normally twice the price.

Couldn't resist. Had my eye on this for a while now. Just ended up playing it about five hours straight today, too...it's a helluva lot of fun! Much more than 2 or 3.

For us completionists, there's Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition and it looks like all of its DLC is included for a total of $19.99 U.S.

Hmmm. Should I or shouldn't I?  :-\
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.