The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

DO IT!

'Game of the Century' haha

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Yesterday's deal at Steam was Spec Ops: the Line at the completely insane discount of 80% (or $6.)

For no clear reason they're repeating the daily offer today! -- still 80% for the next 24 hours.

Most people here have probably already played it, and it's kind of one of those games which (if you've played it) you know that while it's high quality it also isn't something you're even supposed to play again. So not much use here perhaps, but if anyone hasn't played it yet now's the best time ever so far to experience apocalypse now in the heart of a desert's darkness. Or words to that effect.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Matrixgames Deal of the Week is Revolution Under Siege! for $9.99
Today we unveil a new Deal of the Week with Revolution Under Siege! Thanks to our special 50% discount, you will be able to re-fight this intense and pivotal conflict in this historically rich title based on the award-winning AGE game engine for only $ 9.99!

Revolution Under Siege is a simultaneous turn based historical wargame that puts you in charge of one of the factions that fought the Russian Civil War (1917-1923). From a ragtag group of volunteers create the powerful Red Army, using all the weaponry and equipment at your disposal: planes, tanks, armored trains, Cheka troops and the Konarmia (the famous Red Cavalry). Or, on the opposite side, gather all patriots and reform the elite divisions that shall save Holy Mother Russia.

Can you succeed in crushing the Bolshevik hydra? Or will the people's Revolution prevail? Several sides are playable: Trotsky's Red Army, Denikin's white counterrevolutionary forces of Southern Russia, Kolchak's Siberians, Finnish from both sides, or the newly independent Polish troops led by Marshal Piłsudski.

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1490/Deal.of.the.Week.-.Revolution.Under.Siege
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

GamersGate has just launched a sale for Arcen games, including AI War (and its various expansions) plus its newest release, The Last Federation

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=arcenmidweek&aff=ggnews

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

JasonPratt

Hm, I need to look into the new expansion sometime.

Also, yay for RevUnderSiege! -- but I already own it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

steve58

Steam has Supreme Ruler 1936 for $13.59 for the next ~46 hours.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 11, 2014, 01:34:41 PM
Also, yay for RevUnderSiege! -- but I already own it.
Yeah, if I didn't already have RUS, I would definitely get it now.  I love the game for its atmosphere alone. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on August 11, 2014, 06:01:31 PM
LA LA LA can't hear you

You know you want it Gus - it is WWI The Afterword.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Gusington

The way I have been playing WWI lately there is no afterword...*goes to peek at page*

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on August 11, 2014, 09:15:51 PM
The way I have been playing WWI lately there is no afterword...*goes to peek at page*

or for £10 more, get your ass in Elite properly

Martok

LA LA LA can't hear you
It has the Russian civil war, armored trains, Western intervention forces, and some pretty kick-ass music.  The only way it could have even more of what you want was if it were a brunette with a great rack.  :P 

Seriously, though, this one's a no-brainer for you, Gus, especially at $10.  GET IT!!! 

Boggit

Quote from: Martok on August 11, 2014, 10:32:36 AM
GamersGate has just launched a sale for Arcen games, including AI War (and its various expansions) plus its newest release, The Last Federation

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=arcenmidweek&aff=ggnews
I have both of these, and they are addictive. 8)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Boggit

Quote from: Martok on August 12, 2014, 02:48:39 PM
LA LA LA can't hear you
It has the Russian civil war, armored trains, Western intervention forces, and some pretty kick-ass music.  The only way it could have even more of what you want was if it were a brunette with a great rack.  :P 

Seriously, though, this one's a no-brainer for you, Gus, especially at $10.  GET IT!!!
Maaarrttok issss riiight! Yooou muust buuuuy it... (said in a suitably hypnotic way... :o ;))
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, Steam has all three Max Payne games for sale in a 85% off bundle this weekend, or $8.25. The games are also listed at 75% separately (and the Season Pass i.e. all DLC for MP3 also 75% off), so you can pick up any spares, but the bundle will cost less than buying them separately even with the DLC included (which personally I wouldn't bother with unless you reaaaaaaly want MP3 multiplayer.)