The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: mirth on August 25, 2014, 02:04:29 PM
The reviews aren't terrible either.

It's a fun turn-based grand strat if you don't mind some near future extreme alt-history.  Also the AI in the tactical battles is crap.  It will rush you with it's AA and Artillery along with it's front line units.  :buck2:   So you may want to auto-resolve.

The devs reportedly disappeared after the first couple patches.  Could've been a really good game if it had been patched some more.  As it is, I think the TBS grand strat side may be worth checking out although I haven't explored it very much yet.

mirth

Quote from: Greybriar on August 25, 2014, 02:27:57 PM
Even if all the reviews aren't all that great, $0.49 is worth the risk to find out for yourself.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I'm already downloading it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

There are TONS of good prices out there for mediocre-rated games, but at those prices it's hard to deny the urge.

I got Marlow Briggs for 1.24 the other day on Steam...it's a fun little cinematic platformer. Lots of people complain it's like "God of War" but I've never played GoW, so I don't have a frame of reference. Well worth the price and still on sale!

Also looks like a good part of the Commandos series is on sale for 79 cents each. You can also get the Commandos Collection for 2.49 (with Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, Commandos 2: Men of Courage, Commandos 3: Destination Berlin, Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty).

Edit: $%&%#@@*#!!!

Just bought Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, Commandos: Beyond Call of Duty, Commandos 2, Commandos 3, Dark Fall 1, Dark Fall 2, and Naval Warfare all for less than $4.50 total.

Won't get to play any of them for a few weeks probably, but dammit, I could not resist.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

steve58

The Humble Store has a few deals today:

Gunpoint for $2.49  (<-- Daily Deal)
The Few for $3.99
AI War Collection for $6.79

GoG has Horizon for $11.99
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

MUST...STOP...BUYING...DEALS...

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on August 19, 2014, 04:25:05 PM
Humble Jumbo Bundle 2

Minimum price of $1 includes

• Deadlight
  • Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Complete Pack
If you beat the average price (currently $6.52), you will also receive the above plus:

• Crusader Kings II w/ 3 DLC Unit Packs (African, Russian and Norse)
  • Terraria
  • The King of Fighters XIII Steam Edition
  • ...added  Legend of Grimrock
  • ...added  PixelJunk Eden
  • ...added  Orcs Must Die! 2 - Complete

Pay $15 or more and also get: Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

All Steam keys.

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Huw the Poo

Well, another good thing about only buying games that support Linux is that I'm now largely immune to these enormo-sales! :)

Having said that...

Noir Syndrome is currently $5 and supports Windows, Mac and Linux.  It's a cute little pixel-art whodunnit which plays out kind of like Cluedo, but actually - if anyone here remembers it - a lot more like the old 16-bit classic Murder.  After playing the tutorial and my first case (in which I was whacked by a hitman hired by the murderer (when I'd just successfully identified him!)) I can safely say I will definitely get $5-worth of fun out of this one.  Lovely soundtrack too.

Rayfer

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 26, 2014, 04:38:07 PM
Well, another good thing about only buying games that support Linux is that I'm now largely immune to these enormo-sales! :)

Having said that...

Noir Syndrome is currently $5 and supports Windows, Mac and Linux.  It's a cute little pixel-art whodunnit which plays out kind of like Cluedo, but actually - if anyone here remembers it - a lot more like the old 16-bit classic Murder.  After playing the tutorial and my first case (in which I was whacked by a hitman hired by the murderer (when I'd just successfully identified him!)) I can safely say I will definitely get $5-worth of fun out of this one.  Lovely soundtrack too.

I know next to nothing about Linux so I'm curious why you only buy games supporting that system? Do you use it exclusively?

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Rayfer on August 26, 2014, 05:16:57 PM
I know next to nothing about Linux so I'm curious why you only buy games supporting that system? Do you use it exclusively?

I want to use it exclusively, but because I'm a gamer I currently need to dual boot with Windows.  However, the Linux gaming market is exploding right now and I'm finding myself spending less time in Windows and more time in Linux (I only boot Windows to play games anyway).

Eventually a tipping point will come and I can get rid of Windows altogether.  In the meantime, in order to keep my purchases low and force me to work on my backlog, I'm only buying games that support Linux. :)

steve58

Amazon is having an End of Summer Sale through 9/1.  Some OK prices...I did see Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India for $6.

Gamestop has SimCity (base game) for $6.

Gusington

Entire Call of Duty franchise on sale at Steam including Ghosts for 29.99.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Quote from: Gusington on August 28, 2014, 09:13:12 PM
Entire Call of Duty franchise on sale at Steam including Ghosts for 29.99.

Not Played a first person game in about 18 months or so.