The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Well if you're considering picking one up I can't recommend the new Wolfenstein game too highly...awesome game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

^^ Speaking of, whatever happened to the Wolfenstein game that preceded it? The one between Return and New Order? I can't find that thing available for download anywhere OH MY GOD I HAVE BECOME A TOTAL DOWNLOADER....  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

FlickJax

Quote from: Gusington on August 29, 2014, 07:01:27 AM
Well if you're considering picking one up I can't recommend the new Wolfenstein game too highly...awesome game.

Cool, my favourite of all the FPS games was Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, the mission based multiplayer was superb. Your team could be about to win and then be pushed right back again.

Gusington

I have never played a previous game in the series but this one sucked me in completely and even sparked new interest in alternative history, secret weapons and Nazi moon bases :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Shelldrake

Quote from: Gusington on August 29, 2014, 12:01:30 PM
I have never played a previous game in the series but this one sucked me in completely and even sparked new interest in alternative history, secret weapons and Nazi moon bases :)

Sounds like you need to watch Iron Sky! :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1034314/
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

BanzaiCat

Just watched Iron Sky this past weekend...what fun it was!

Though 'Nazis at the Center of the Earth' is GODAWFUL TERRIBLE.

JasonPratt

You can also play Iron Sky -- http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ISI/iron-sky-invasion

Which has gotten some amazingly non-terrible reviews at GG anyway.  :o
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

I watched some Let's Play vids of that Iron Sky game...almost pulled the trigger on it, but I have WAY too much that's more entertaining, at least for the moment.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Don't do it!  It's got some nice graphics and some interesting ship designs but those are the only positives.  It's a terrible game.

Gusington

Iron Sky - The Director's Cut is on Netflix! Thanks Shell. I know I will be doing later tonight after chores :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

God Iron Sky is terrible! Are you peeps on the crack? I made it 40 minutes in and had to shut it off.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

It is the finest of all cheese-wizzes, an acquired taste.

Or so I'm told. Still, the theme song is kinda creepy-cool.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

Yeah, Gus, you cannot...MUST not, take that movie seriously. It's completely tongue-in-cheek sci-fi, done to be bad on purpose.

The first time I tried to watch it, I lasted about 30 minutes before I shut it off. But then I realized I was taking it way too seriously and tried again, and it was highly entertaining.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: Gusington on August 29, 2014, 08:52:07 PM
God Iron Sky is terrible! Are you peeps on the crack? I made it 40 minutes in and had to shut it off.

Shut up and go watch 13 Assassins.

Gusington

Ironically that is in my Netflix queue as well. After Iron Sky I tried to watch so German documentary on the Wehrmacht and couldn't do it either. Very unlike me...I usually stick with things to the bitter end. Then I tried The World's End (by the guy who did Shaun of the Dead), which was awesome. But I only got through about half before I passed out. Will watch the rest tonight at some point.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd