The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Quote from: steve58 on September 01, 2014, 09:54:00 AM
Matrixgames Deal of the Week:  Pride of Nations, for $9.99
This week we offer you a great deal on Pride of Nations, Ageod's biggest title ever! Pride of Nations allows you to reshape the world as one of the major countries of the 19th Century as you try to become the most prestigious nation. For the entire week, you will be able to grab this huge game for just $9,99!

Pride of Nations is a turn-based historical strategy game set in the colonial era of the 19th century, where the player takes control of a country and guides it through industrialization, military conquest, and colonization.

Click here for the official product page.

How does Pride of Nations compare to Hearts of Iron or other Paradox releases?  I found the Paradox games to have so much micormanagement that I eventually got bored. 

BanzaiCat

I tried Pride of Nations on Steam some time ago and wasn't that impressed with it. Crusader Kings remains my favorite of all of them, though I try to enjoy HOI every so often.

Ubercat

Quote from: mirth on September 05, 2014, 07:55:54 AM
Fishbeds, Fishbeds, rolypoly Fishbeds!

Ohhhhhh.... Fishbeds will never be seen sipping cappuccino in Italian restaurants with oriental women!!
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

JasonPratt

Quote from: airboy on September 05, 2014, 09:16:43 AM
How does Pride of Nations compare to Hearts of Iron or other Paradox releases?  I found the Paradox games to have so much micormanagement that I eventually got bored.

Covers much the same material as Paradox's Victoria or Vicky 2. I gather the micro is pretty extreme in Pr0n, too (though in a different way), but I haven't played it myself.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

Battleplan: American Civil War on Steam sale this week for $4.99.  This one got lost when it came out about the same time as the popular Ultimate General: Gettysburg. I'm thinking of giving it a go.  Anyone play this yet? Comments? Waste of time?

Greybriar

Until next week World War 1 Centennial Edition is 50% off at GamersGate and priced at $10 U.S.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

tgb

Quote from: Greybriar on September 08, 2014, 01:12:27 PM
Until next week World War 1 Centennial Edition is 50% off at GamersGate and priced at $10 U.S.

Did they ever fix the problems?

Shelldrake

Quote from: FlickJax on September 08, 2014, 01:15:51 PM
http://www.matrixgames.com/news/1513/Deal.of.the.Week..Germany.at.War

Is it any good?

Jim Cobb gives it a positive review here at Grogheads and there is a demo available. I must admit to being tempted so will be giving the demo a try.

http://grogheads.com/?p=2458
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Greybriar

Quote from: tgb on September 08, 2014, 02:06:22 PM

I don't know. I haven't bought it yet.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Rayfer

Quote from: Greybriar on September 08, 2014, 02:29:11 PM
Quote from: tgb on September 08, 2014, 02:06:22 PM

I don't know. I haven't bought it yet.

Just posted in another thread, hadn't seen this one yet. The gamersgate sale is for a Steam key. I thought Steam stopped selling the game for some legal reason? I wonder if this would be an issue?

tgb

Perhaps the rights issue has been resolved and Steam will start selling it again.

weateallthepies

Warlock: Master of the Arcane currently going free on the Humble Store, plus a load of stuff on sale:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

JasonPratt

According to information in the other thread about WW1CE:

1.) It launched with some extra bugs, but the devs ironed those out.

2.) It fixes several problems left over from WW1G, including code optimization problems.

3.) Yes, GG Steam keys still work even though Steam itself theoretically isn't selling the game right now until legal issues are dealt with.

What will happen if the legal issues tank? -- will you lose your $10, or get a refund? No idea.

$10 is like a lunch at Subway. I'm seriously thinking of buying a copy just to see if it's really significantly improved (I already have WW1G), and hoping for legal issues to work out so support can continue.

My absolute newbie tutorial AAR covers pretty much all the non-strategic elements of the game (as I was learning how to play it), and can be found here: http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=6547.0

(A few of the quirks may not apply anymore as of WW1CE, which would be nice. :) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Asid

Victoria Complete bundle. £3.59  :o

Bargain available at Bundlestars. Limited time only

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/victoria-complete-bundle/
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying