The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

All of Hearts of Iron 3 on sale at Steam this week, for $11.24 total. (75% off)

The GoGification of Steam continues with Descent: Freespace -- the Great War at $3. Freespace (moreso its sequel) is widely regarded as the best of that generation of pure sci-fi combat pilot sims (starting with Descent itself and Wing Commander).

Pride of Nations 60% off. I may get this just to have the proper patching... (sigh). Weirdly, even though it and its expansion scenarios are 60% off, the collected package is still full price. U'geek, SDR, and Tuna (whom we're told never runs an AAR) are running a very nice AAR right now on Grogheads here. Criminey!

Imperium Romanum Gold Edition I've heard a lot of good things about this game, so I bought it a while back though I haven't played it yet. $2.50

Lords of Football or as I like to call it Soccer Sims. I own it but haven't played it. $7.50

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Asid

Act of War Bundle

7 epic strategy Steam games and DLC for only £2.19
Here: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/the-art-of-war-bundle/

Well worth it O0

American Conquest
    American Conquest Fight Back
    Cossacks : European War
    Cossacks : Campaign Expansion DLC
    Cossacks : Back to War
    Cossacks : Art of War
    Cossacks 2 : Battle for Europe
    Cossacks 2 : Napoleonic Wars
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

BanzaiCat

Can you play Descent: Freespace without a joystick (just the keyboard)?

RooksBailey

I just was over at Matrix to pick up the Brandy Station expansion for Scourge of War.  When checking out I saw that I could add any additional expansion for the game and get a 20% off discount.  So I managed to pick up Brandy Station and Pipe Creek for ~$17!  Now my SoW collection is complete!  :smitten:

Just FYI.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Huw the Poo

JasonPratt

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 20, 2014, 04:30:48 PM
Can you play Descent: Freespace without a joystick (just the keyboard)?

Good question; no idea.  :-[

Quote from: Asid on October 20, 2014, 04:17:31 PM
Act of War Bundle

7 epic strategy Steam games and DLC for only £2.19
Here: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/the-art-of-war-bundle/

Well worth it O0

American Conquest
    American Conquest Fight Back
    Cossacks : European War
    Cossacks : Campaign Expansion DLC
    Cossacks : Back to War
    Cossacks : Art of War
    Cossacks 2 : Battle for Europe
    Cossacks 2 : Napoleonic Wars

Good grief! I already own at least two versions of that pack, and I'm tempted to buy it again just to have them on Steam.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Jarhead0331

^ With my Total War library, I do not see any reason to ever install and play a Cossacks game. The series held a lot of promise, but the terrible UI and absolute necessity to micromanage ALL of your troops made the game a disaster to play.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Hegemony: Rome is 75% off on steam...$7.49.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 21, 2014, 02:33:29 PM

I picked that up a few months ago and still haven't played it.  :uglystupid2:

Perhaps I'll install and check it out.  Been hopping between ye olde line formation style games lately.  If nothing else, it'll inspire me to fire up an HPS Ancient Warfare series battle. 

I've seen some reports that the AI isn't aggressive at all.  Which is the complete opposite of Hegemony: Philip Gold where it was purely Terminator cyborgs that would stop at nothing as soon as it saw you.  Maybe they'll eventually find the sweet spot in the middle (and improve the diplo options in sandbox?).

Bison

Quote from: Nefaro on October 21, 2014, 03:23:52 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 21, 2014, 02:33:29 PM

I picked that up a few months ago and still haven't played it.  :uglystupid2:

Perhaps I'll install and check it out.  Been hopping between ye olde line formation style games lately.  If nothing else, it'll inspire me to fire up an HPS Ancient Warfare series battle. 

I've seen some reports that the AI isn't aggressive at all.  Which is the complete opposite of Hegemony: Philip Gold where it was purely Terminator cyborgs that would stop at nothing as soon as it saw you.  Maybe they'll eventually find the sweet spot in the middle (and improve the diplo options in sandbox?).

I'll eventually pick it up, because I love the game play in Hegemony Phillip.  Unfortunately this one has just not seemed to be well received and it doesn't appear to address my biggest issue with the previous game - diplomacy.

Toonces

I just saw that JustFlight is having a 48 hour sale on Air Hauler for $8.  Since I checked on it late, it's likely less than 48 hours so if you're thinking of jumping in, don't wait too long.

http://www.justflight.com/

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Greybriar

I noticed several titles on sell at The Humble Store. For example there's Imperial Glory for $0.99. Bridge Constructor and its Medieval sequel are priced at $1.99.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JasonPratt

Civ 5 Complete is $17 at Gamersgate midweek; particular elements are discounted accordingly.

I know some Grogs have been playing Majesty 2 and Company of Heroes 2 recently, and both those collections are on sale at GG midweek, too. I'm interested in both games, but I held off buying because of poor initial reports. How are they doing currently?

Gusington

I'm also curious about Majesty 2.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd