The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Pretty good Lord of the Rings bundle at Bundle Stars.

LEGO The Hobbit
LEGO The Hobbit complete DLC
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Guardians of Middle Earth
Guardians of Middle Earth: Smaug's Treasure
LEGO Lord of the Rings

I think Guardians of Middle Earth is a MOBA.

All Windows only unfortunately.

Nefaro

BanzaiCat

^ Every one of your posts, I'm reading in HIS voice. I can't imagine him getting excited about Xenonauts, but there you go.

mirth

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 23, 2014, 03:19:58 PM
Pretty good Lord of the Rings bundle at Bundle Stars.

LEGO The Hobbit
LEGO The Hobbit complete DLC
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Guardians of Middle Earth
Guardians of Middle Earth: Smaug's Treasure
LEGO Lord of the Rings

I think Guardians of Middle Earth is a MOBA.

All Windows only unfortunately.

Tricksie Hobbitses! Takes all mys monies!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

steve58

Total War: Rome II Emperor Edition for $19.98 at Humble Store for  next ~18 hours.

Civilization Beyond Earth for $37.49 at Greenmangaming (must be logged in to your GMG acct to see the VIP deals). 
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

Not a sale, unless you count "free" a sale, and it does require you to have already bought an expensive game AND the relevant not-inexpensive expansion pack.

But until the end of the month, Matrix is giving away copies of the original Highway to the Reich to any customers who have registered their copy of the HTTR expansion for Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

^Is that supposed to be a poke in the eye of Panther Games?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Doesn't seem likely; may be more of a thanks for all the years.

If they really wanted to poke Panther in the eye, they'd give out Conquest of the Aegean free to everyone who has already bought the first half of that material in the relevant ComOps pack (since Panther is getting ready to release the 2nd half soon once the shift has been made).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 26, 2014, 11:17:25 AM
Not a sale, unless you count "free" a sale, and it does require you to have already bought an expensive game AND the relevant not-inexpensive expansion pack.

But until the end of the month, Matrix is giving away copies of the original Highway to the Reich to any customers who have registered their copy of the HTTR expansion for Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge.

Do you have a link to this offer?  Didn't see it anywhere.

Greybriar

The retail boxed version of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is on sale for $19.99 at Amazon and Best Buy.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JasonPratt

Meh, I'd still have to spend $40ish since it's only an expansion pack, and by the way the sheer balls on Blizzard for selling a single Act V expansion pack for nominally the same money as the first four Acts together.  :tickedoff:

That being the case, I'd rather pick up the PS3 version. Even though it apparently won't feature the content patches for present-gen consoles (and PC).

Come to think of it, I've never played Diablo 2, though a friend and I once spent a weekend many years ago beating D1 while his wife was out of town. SO PIÇÇED AT THE ENDING!

JasonPratt

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on October 26, 2014, 04:09:50 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 26, 2014, 11:17:25 AM

Do you have a link to this offer?  Didn't see it anywhere.

Saw it mentioned yesterday at RangerX3X's blog (some people call him... Tim?  ;) ), Oct 3 this year, where he was posting an AAR for the Nijmegen campaign.

Here's the relevant paragraph, but he doesn't provide a link to the offer per se. I've bolded what he probably meant to be the directions for finding it.

QuoteFor anyone who owns Command Operations Battles from the Bulge and the expansion pack Highway to the Reich, Matrix games makes the original HTTR game available as a free download in the Members Club area under the COHTTR link. Given that Panther Games is officially leaving Matrix Games at the end of this month, anyone who has not taken advantage of this freebie should grab it now just in case it goes away (with Panther).

The full AAR can be found here: http://rangerx3x.blogspot.com/2014/10/highway-to-reich-nijmegen-historical_6.html

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 27, 2014, 08:10:52 AM
Meh, I'd still have to spend $40ish since it's only an expansion pack, and by the way the sheer balls on Blizzard for selling a single Act V expansion pack for nominally the same money as the first four Acts together.  :tickedoff:

The base game and it's four 'Acts' was also too short for the price of entry.

But they really burned us with their loot drops tailored to make players have to sell them in their auction house and buy ones appropriate for their level there.  The nerve of those jackanapes.  ::) 

I suppose they finally pushed out the patch that fixes the loot drops now that the auction house has been neudered?  Or was that also not done to satisfaction?

smittyohio

Quote from: Nefaro on October 27, 2014, 08:45:24 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 27, 2014, 08:10:52 AM

The base game and it's four 'Acts' was also too short for the price of entry.

But they really burned us with their loot drops tailored to make players have to sell them in their auction house and buy ones appropriate for their level there.  The nerve of those jackanapes.  ::) 

I suppose they finally pushed out the patch that fixes the loot drops now that the auction house has been neudered?  Or was that also not done to satisfaction?

AH is gone, loot vastly improved, and the game is a ton of fun now.  It's only a short game if you just want to see the various acts only once, which isn't really any different than D2.   The real beauty of the game is in rifts / bounties and trying to progress through the Torment levels.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Outlast is on sale for $5.00 at Gamersgate.  Go Gus, go!!