The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 29, 2014, 10:23:21 PM
More sales coming soon, I'm sure. At least two big sales on the way in the next few months (or three if you count post-Christmas recaps.)

Ugh. Don't remind me. These sales are like crack.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JasonPratt

I've been thinking about getting Alien:Isolation for PS3 for simplicity's sake (and also for the sake of the lending library I provide for the guys at work who also have PS3s), but then I realized I wouldn't be able to pick up DLC for it inexpensively later. And I'm worried it won't look or play quite as good.

Pursuant to that, many of us received a Gamersgate 20% pre-Halloween coupon good until Nov 14 (the day before my birthday, conveniently enough ;) ) -- and GG is offering a 20% rebate in blue coins for buying it this week. I checked and those do stack: 20% off and then 20% of that added back in blue coins.

So instead of $50, it would be $40 and you'd get $9.99 back in blue coins plus whatever blue coins your account would normally return for this kind of game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Gusington

The Steam Halloween sale is here!!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

^ Yup.  Grabbed Fallout 3 GOTY edition.  I'm hoping the ultimate guide will solve my problem getting it to work on Win7.

Looking at 7 Days to Die and maybe one or two others...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

Betrayer for 5.99...lots of good deals. Very tempting but I am currently married to AoWIII and Shadow of Mordor.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gamersgate also has a Hallowe'en sale going on.  I picked up Zafehouse Diaries for $2.50

Gusington

^Here take my wallet and put it somewhere I can't get to it, like a countertop.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

You can live vicariously through Tuna's, Geek's and my Pride of Nations PBEM AAR.  Doesn't that sound fun?!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 30, 2014, 09:13:05 PM
Gamersgate also has a Hallowe'en sale going on.  I picked up Zafehouse Diaries for $2.50

One of the many games I've yet to actually play more than 2 minutes.  :-\

JasonPratt

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 30, 2014, 09:21:03 PM
You can live vicariously through Tuna's, Geek's and my Pride of Nations PBEM AAR.  Doesn't that sound fun?!

Gus: "No."

Me: "Surprisingly fun, and also makes me want to play the game myself since I picked up the Steam version on sale a little while back for ease in patching; and yet watching them also curbs my appetite for it a little by vicarious application or something like that!"  :))

And wow, that Halloween sale is bigger than it seems, because it's on top of the usual weekend sale -- 51 pages? Am I remembering that right??

Seriously thinking of picking up the Last Light Redux series (I never got the originals) for around $20 total. Any yeas or nays on that?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

republic