The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

The Gamersgate Thanksgiving sale has begun.

Stuff like Borderlands 2 GotY Edition for 75% off.  A lot of 75% off ones.   Various other stuff like Wings Remastered, Graviteam Tactics, X-Com, etc.  Many.

http://www.gamersgate.com/

JasonPratt

It occurs to me that with GG having become largely an extension of Steam, they may not run parallel sales this year.

Someone has already pointed out that Steam doesn't usually run their usual week long sales the week a holiday sale starts but they did this year. I don't know if that's true, but if so it would count toward the theory of the two sites developing non-overlapping sales for the big holidays.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JudgeDredd

ooooh...Omerta Gold for £6.25!
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 24, 2014, 05:01:12 PM
It occurs to me that with GG having become largely an extension of Steam, they may not run parallel sales this year.

Someone has already pointed out that Steam doesn't usually run their usual week long sales the week a holiday sale starts but they did this year. I don't know if that's true, but if so it would count toward the theory of the two sites developing non-overlapping sales for the big holidays.

They didn't overlap the last couple years.  Not exactly.  Gamersgate usually starts theirs earlier.

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

JudgeDredd

Quote from: WallysWorld on November 25, 2014, 10:16:03 AM
The Matrix Holiday sales event has started: http://matrixgames.com/news/1564/The.Matrix.Holiday.sales.are.starting.today!..
Now here's the totally mental thing

I bought World in Flames earlier this year from someone for a no-so-insignificant amount of cash...around £40 I think. Anyway, it's on sale for £48 (with books) and comes to a cool £62 delivered.

Now here's me thinking I would buy the game again - for the manuals - even though I have it - and haven't played it for more than 10 minutes at any one time and probably not more than 2 or 3 hours in total.

How mental does that sound  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2014, 10:23:17 AM

That, sir, sounds like all of us. We're pretty mental when it comes to collecting games.  :crazy2:

JudgeDredd

I just really want the books  :(

But I can't justify £60 for a game I already have.

From what I remember, because the game I bought was registered to the other guy on Matrix, I wouldn't be able to use it online...so maybe I'll pick up the game again and the books in the 2016 sale when Netplay is working  :P

Or even in 2020 when there's an AI  :coolsmiley:
Alba gu' brath

Rayfer

The Matrix Holiday sales event has started: http://matrixgames.com/news/1564/The.Matrix.Holiday.sales.are.starting.today!..
Now here's the totally mental thing

I bought World in Flames earlier this year from someone for a no-so-insignificant amount of cash...around £40 I think. Anyway, it's on sale for £48 (with books) and comes to a cool £62 delivered.

Now here's me thinking I would buy the game again - for the manuals - even though I have it - and haven't played it for more than 10 minutes at any one time and probably not more than 2 or 3 hours in total.

Sounds like you need an addiction-Intervention.  But hey, if you got the dollars to spend then go ahead and have fun!

Greybriar

Wow! That's quite a sale Matrix is having; four pages of titles on a .pdf file that are priced at up to 2/3 off. Now would be a good time to purchase those Matrix games you've always wanted.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 25, 2014, 10:34:07 AM

That, sir, sounds like all of us. We're pretty mental when it comes to collecting games.  :crazy2:

I beg to differ.

Doing that for World In Flames would be buying a ticket for a frontal lobotomy and a nice padded cell.

Asid

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 25, 2014, 10:36:54 AM
so maybe I'll pick up the game again and the books in the 2016 sale when Netplay is working  :P

Or even in 2020 when there's an AI  :coolsmiley:

Ahhhh ever the optimist ;)
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on November 25, 2014, 11:59:04 AM

I beg to differ.

Doing that for World In Flames would be buying a ticket for a frontal lobotomy and a nice padded cell.

;D
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

airboy

And what games that I don't have time to play will I be buying on sale this year?

Gusington

I refer all of you to my sig line.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd