The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Fall Weiss, Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe, World War 2 Time of Wrath plus three indie titles for $2.50! I may have to start shopping at Indiegala.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

weateallthepies

Quote from: Greybriar on January 15, 2015, 06:08:10 PM
Fall Weiss, Storm over the Pacific, Strategic War in Europe, World War 2 Time of Wrath plus three indie titles for $2.50! I may have to start shopping at Indiegala.

It's certainly worth keeping an eye on, they have some interesting bundles now and again.

I'd recommend either the reddit group:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameBundles

or the steam group:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/IndieBundleTracker#announcements

if you want to keep an eye out for bundles in particular.

weateallthepies

Gusington

Sid Meier's Beyond Earth on sale @ Steam for 29.99.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Yeah, saw that. Is it worth getting at that price or should I wait for next year's Xmas Steam Sale?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

I don't know, I haven't bought it yet.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Greybriar

Quote from: Staggerwing on January 15, 2015, 09:49:26 PM
Yeah, saw that. Is it worth getting at that price or should I wait for next year's Xmas Steam Sale?

I preordered Sid Meier's Beyond Earth and had I to do it over again, I'd wait for a 75% off sale...unless I could pick it up somewhere for 90% off.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Barthheart

Quote from: Greybriar on January 16, 2015, 01:21:36 AM
Quote from: Staggerwing on January 15, 2015, 09:49:26 PM

I preordered Sid Meier's Beyond Earth and had I to do it over again, I'd wait for a 75% off sale...unless I could pick it up somewhere for 90% off.

I'd say it's not bad. It's not CiV in space. It's more like Colonization in Space. You have very focused victory conditions and the games tend to be shorter than CiV.
Wait for a better sale though.....

steve58

Quote from: weateallthepies on January 15, 2015, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: Greybriar on January 15, 2015, 10:06:51 AM
GamersGate currently has a Wastelands Interactive Daily Deal in effect:

• Fall Weiss $2.50
    Worlds of Magic (Early Access) $29.99
    Strategic War in Europe $1.50
    Storm over the Pacific $2.00
    Wastelands Strategic Bundle $3.50
    World War 2 Time of Wrath $1.12
    Pacific Pack $3.50
    Air Aces Pacific $2.00

The special ends in about 21 hours.

It's probably worth noting that you can get a load of these in the Indiegala Strategic Storm bundle for $2.49

https://www.indiegala.com/strategic

...its also worth noting that the IndieGala Strategic Storm bundle also includes Legions of Ashworld.  Even though I have several of the other titles in the bundle, think I'm going to grab this just to get Legions of Ashworld. 

...and thanks (weateallthepies) for the heads up on the 2 bundle watch groups O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

Just got an email from Steam saying that Warlock II is on sale for 4.99.

I dunno. Is it worth it, oh players of Warlock I?

Shelldrake

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 16, 2015, 01:12:27 PM

Interesting. Hard to go wrong for $5. I believe that the first expansion was also recently released, and it is on sale too.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Huw the Poo

Quote from: steve58 on January 16, 2015, 09:53:23 AM
...its also worth noting that the IndieGala Strategic Storm bundle also includes Legions of Ashworld.  Even though I have several of the other titles in the bundle, think I'm going to grab this just to get Legions of Ashworld. 

Definitely worth it, especially if you're a fan of Lords of Midnight.  It plays really well and has lots of charm.  It's pretty hard though; it took me several attempts just to beat the tutorial scenario.

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 16, 2015, 01:12:27 PM

If you liked the first one, you'll enjoy the second.

It's more of the same core game but they improved parts of the interface and some other stuff, along with adding the new game mode(s).

If the expansion is on sale, I may grab that now.

BanzaiCat

Looks like there's three DLCs and they're all on sale at 75% off each. Looks to be about eleven bucks and change for WII and all three expansions.

BanzaiCat

Humble Bundle is having a GW sale across the board...go check it out if you're so inclined.

http://tinyurl.com/l4y3fce