The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 16, 2015, 05:13:06 PM
Looks like there's three DLCs and they're all on sale at 75% off each. Looks to be about eleven bucks and change for WII and all three expansions.

I didn't bother with the minor DLCs.  I don't think there's much to them. 

The Naga expansion was my target since it adds a new race and such.

Grim.Reaper

Not sure if anyone are saints row fans, gat out of hell comes out next week and seems like gametop has a a very low price of 4.99...release price is 19.99.  No idea if was a pricing mistake.  Grab while u can, if you like the series.  You get steam code it appears.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell/118076

Huw the Poo

The latest pay what you want deal on IndieGameStand is Sky Rogue, a randomly-generated fast-paced arcade flight sim of sorts.  It looks like a lot of fun.  I might bite on this one.

(Linux, Mac, Windows)

Edit: I bit. :D  It is fun.  I've only played for 15 minutes just to test.  At the start of the game you choose your loadout and aircraft skin then you launch into your randomly-generated world.  You're immediately attacked by a swarm of air assets but I think the goal is to bomb/rocket the crap out of ground installations.  The targets aren't arbitrary either; destroy the aerodrome and no more aircraft will launch to fight you.

It's very arcadey, in fact it's slightly reminiscent of the old classic Afterburner as you twist and turn improbably in the sky, hurling missiles at your enemies.  Weapons magically replenish themselves in time, and that time is generously short.  It's a very fast-paced game.  Controls seem to be keyboard or controller.  W and A control speed, hold Q to switch weapons, space to lock on and shift to fire.  Oh and the arrow keys manoeuvre your jet.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

^^ For a supply-puzzle version of Panzer Generally Big Front Operations, that's a lot of game for less-than-lunch money!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

RooksBailey

Steam has Insurgency for 70% off - that's $4.49.  Even though I am sick of Middle Eastern / modern warfare shooters, I think I will buy in seeing how this game seems to have a bright future in front of it.  It is already rivaling (surpassing?) Red Orchestra 2 in terms of average number of  players.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: RooksBailey on January 20, 2015, 04:19:26 PM
Steam has Insurgency for 70% off - that's $4.49.  Even though I am sick of Middle Eastern / modern warfare shooters, I think I will buy in seeing how this game seems to have a bright future in front of it.  It is already rivaling (surpassing?) Red Orchestra 2 in terms of average number of  players.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/

Went to purchase because tactical/realistic multiplayer shooter.   Already listed as "In Library".

RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on January 20, 2015, 04:38:54 PM
Went to purchase because tactical/realistic multiplayer shooter.   Already listed as "In Library".

LOL!  Do you have an opinion on it?  Is it worthwhile? 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: RooksBailey on January 20, 2015, 04:49:46 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on January 20, 2015, 04:38:54 PM

LOL!  Do you have an opinion on it?  Is it worthwhile?

My point was this:  I didn't even know I already owned it.  :uglystupid2:

So, no.  I haven't even installed it much less played it.   

I vaguely recall wanting it because someone likened it to a more modern Counter Strike setup, but with more tactical shooter style gameplay.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Huw the Poo

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2015, 04:55:54 PM
Humble Bundle with a bunch of online card games

https://www.humblebundle.com/?cardgame_bundle

Yeah, looks good, that one.  Not a single game available for Linux though.  Bastards. :(

smittyohio

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2015, 04:55:54 PM
Humble Bundle with a bunch of online card games

https://www.humblebundle.com/?cardgame_bundle

I can't find almost any of those games on the U.S. Steam store.    Are they not available?

tgb

Not everything is on Steam, Grasshopper.

Toonces

Thanks for posting that, Brant.  I think I'm going to get the $12 version so I can get Card Hunter.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

weateallthepies

Quote from: Toonces on January 20, 2015, 11:02:43 PM
Thanks for posting that, Brant.  I think I'm going to get the $12 version so I can get Card Hunter.

Yeah I just went for that. Card Hunter is free to play though, you just get some "stuff" at the $12 tier.