The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Quote from: smittyohio on January 20, 2015, 09:09:49 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2015, 04:55:54 PM
Humble Bundle with a bunch of online card games

https://www.humblebundle.com/?cardgame_bundle

I can't find almost any of those games on the U.S. Steam store.    Are they not available?

About half of them (Card Hunter, Dominion Online, Star Realms, Scrolls) aren't on Steam.

smittyohio

Quote from: Arctic Blast on January 21, 2015, 03:04:28 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on January 20, 2015, 09:09:49 PM
Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 20, 2015, 04:55:54 PM
Humble Bundle with a bunch of online card games

https://www.humblebundle.com/?cardgame_bundle

I can't find almost any of those games on the U.S. Steam store.    Are they not available?

About half of them (Card Hunter, Dominion Online, Star Realms, Scrolls) aren't on Steam.

;-)   I guess I've never bought anything there that *wasn't* on Steam.   They feature it so prominently on their website:   $161 worth of awesome card game stuff
 Pay what you want  Redeem on Steam    

Oh well, still an interesting bundle...  Hmm, it's for charity.. partially.   Would that break my resolution of no new games?

Jarhead0331

Theme Hospital is free on Origin right now.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on January 20, 2015, 04:38:54 PM
Went to purchase because tactical/realistic multiplayer shooter.   Already listed as "In Library".

This is one of several reasons why I'm (mostly) avoiding buying new games this year.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Quote from: smittyohio on January 21, 2015, 05:25:58 PM
Oh well, still an interesting bundle...  Hmm, it's for charity.. partially.   Would that break my resolution of no new games?

At the risk of getting into a high-level rabbinic discussion: if it's for charity, fine.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bardolph

Decisive Campaigns: Blitzkrieg 50% off on Steam. $19.99

Martok

Armada 2526 Gold Edition is currently on sale at Steam for just $4.99 (75% off).  Definitely worth getting at that price. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

steve58

Door Kickers is $10 on Gamesgate for the next ~13 hours or so.  A Steam Activation Key is also included (but optional).
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bbmike

Quote from: Martok on January 22, 2015, 04:07:05 PM
Armada 2526 Gold Edition is currently on sale at Steam for just $4.99 (75% off).  Definitely worth getting at that price.

Agreed. I might even buy it again just for the convenience of having it on Steam.   
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Martok

Gamersgate is doing a 75%-off sale on most Assassins's Creed titles this weekend (aside from Unity, of course). 

http://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/171/assassins-creed-weekend?aff=ggnews

I just picked up the second game.  Sounds like it'd probably be the one I'd enjoy the most. 

Quote from: bbmike on January 22, 2015, 05:10:49 PM
Quote from: Martok on January 22, 2015, 04:07:05 PM

Agreed. I might even buy it again just for the convenience of having it on Steam.   
I went and did exactly that.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

I barely remember it now, but I do remember enjoying AssCreed 2 a lot.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

$#&@#$**%...

Pulled the trigger on Star Wars: Rebellion. Also got Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Master of Orion 1 & 2. All from GOG.com. Just under $17 for the lot, not too bad.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 23, 2015, 08:34:00 PM
$#&@#$**%...

Pulled the trigger on Star Wars: Rebellion. Also got Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and Master of Orion 1 & 2. All from GOG.com. Just under $17 for the lot, not too bad.

You have some good 4x space gaming ahead of you BC!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

W8taminute

I'm really interested in getting SW: Rebellion at GoG but I finally got my original cd copy to work on my Win8 machine although it wasn't easy.  I'll have to monitor GoG and get it eventually.  I really love that game.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Shelldrake

Starpoint Gemini 2 on sale at GOG for 50% off.

http://www.gog.com/game/starpoint_gemini_2
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell