The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 18, 2015, 08:21:13 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 18, 2015, 08:12:22 AM
Actually I was thinking in terms of "I... am having the photo done... in a cemetery..."

"...with a man wearing a skirt!" :D

Nah, girls love Scottish kilts. I never figured that was a problem.  ^-^
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Grim.Reaper

I have seen people discuss good/bad of X-Rebirth, noticed at GMG for only $8 using the code ITADEA-LGMGSA-LESVVC

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/x-rebirth/#item-s5

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 20, 2015, 05:10:34 AM
I have seen people discuss good/bad of X-Rebirth, noticed at GMG for only $8 using the code ITADEA-LGMGSA-LESVVC

I'm not sure that it's worth full price, especially as most people seem to be far less forgiving than me, but it's definitely worth $8.

Rayfer

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 20, 2015, 05:45:26 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 20, 2015, 05:10:34 AM

I'm not sure that it's worth full price, especially as most people seem to be far less forgiving than me, but it's definitely worth $8.

For that price it's worth it...I got a good 30 hours of fun into it before I moved on to other sale stuff still unplayed.

steve58

Humble - Jumbo Bundle 4

Pay $1 for the following:

• Outland: Special Edition 
  • Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes 
  • Mercenary Kings
Beat the average for:

• Endless Space - Emperor Edition
  • The Stanley Parable
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
  • ...more games coming soon
Pay $18 to also get:

• Space Engineers
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Shelldrake

$1 for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is pretty sweet.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

steve58

Quote from: Shelldrake on July 21, 2015, 01:53:42 PM
$1 for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is pretty sweet.

It is indeed....and the FE DLC is on sale again at Greenmangaming for the next ~48 hrs.  Try using codes ITADEA-LGMGSA-LESVVC or ENCORE-ENCORE-ENCORE.  It might knock off another 20%.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Martok

Crap crap crap crap crap. 

Steam has the Homeworld Remastered Collection on sale for $17.49 (50% off) til July 24.  Do I buy now, or wait later for a steeper sale?  My finger is hovering over the purchase button...  Gah!! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Martok on July 21, 2015, 02:29:05 PM

Steam has the Homeworld Remastered Collection on sale for $17.49 (50% off) til July 24.  Do I buy now, or wait later for a steeper sale?  My finger is hovering over the purchase button...  Gah!! 

This is only the second time it's been on sale, with almost as deep a discount.  I say do it.

-budd-

thanks, that might be too good to pass up.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Nefaro

Quote from: Martok on July 21, 2015, 02:29:05 PM

I've become so overwhelmed with purchased but unplayed games that I've been forcing some questions on myself, before each potential new one lately.

Primarily:  When would I plan on spending a decent amount of time playing it?  If the answer isn't, "in the next week" then I likely won't do so for months.  If ever.  So I'll wait for a Winter holiday sale or something, which happens with reliability.

The other thing I started having to remind myself - these digital download games aren't going to be "Out Of Stock".  I think that mentality is part of the reason I buy stuff before I even plan on playing them.  Left over from brick & mortar game buying, and certainly tabletops.  Gotta purge that "Buy now, before it's gone" tendency with these things.  :))

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Gusington on July 21, 2015, 06:26:27 PM
DO IT

I'd do it, but my old PC only meets the minimum requirements and it 'suggests' I update my drivers...which I can't do because it's no longer supported. Uh...LOL I guess? :(

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Love B_C's new avatar, btw.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!