The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Bundle Stars has Retro Battle Bundle for $2.49

• F-19 Stealth Fighter (Windows/Linux)
  • 1942: The Pacific Air War (Windows/MacOS/Linux)
  • B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th (Windows)
  • Task Force 1942 (Windows/MacOS/Linux)
  • Silent Service II (Windows/MacOS/Linux)
  • 7th Legion (Windows)
  • Across The Rhine (Windows/MacOS/Linux)
  • Hyperspeed (Windows/MacOS/Linux)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

That's HIGHLY tempting for $2.49. I already have B-17 but none of the others...ugh.  :buck2:

Toonces

Damn I just bought B-17 on GoG for $10 a few weeks ago!  Great deal, there ^  .
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

magnus

Stupid question, are these setup to run on newer configurations like GOG games,or not?

mirth

Quote from: magnus on July 22, 2015, 04:17:58 PM
Stupid question, are these setup to run on newer configurations like GOG games,or not?

They're all updated Steam versions. Specs are for Windows XP / Vista / 7
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

I just bit on it. That deal is worth it for TF 1942 alone.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

True. I own the original TF1942 on floppy (with box and all the printed goodies) but I'm getting it again just for the later OS tweaks and Steam convenience.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

It's a little evil how easy it is to buy games now. I logged into Bundlestars with my Amazon account, paid for the games with Paypal, and in less than 10 minutes the Steam Keys have all been activated. TF 1942 just finished installing on my machine and Across the Rhine is downloading.

BanzaiCat

I never played TF1942, so it looks awful to me GUI- and graphic-wise. Is it really that good? I mean, you can't beat the price for taking a chance, that's for sure. Just curious.

mirth

It's a classic gem for WW2 naval warfare, but it's going to look/sound pretty awful by today's standards.

BanzaiCat

I guess it's one less thing I really need in my gaming coffers right now. But, $2.49. Those evil, evil people.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 22, 2015, 06:34:42 PM
I guess it's one less thing I really need in my gaming coffers right now. But, $2.49. Those evil, evil people.

lol. I know.  I just reinstalled the first Witcher and got it patched/modded up and ready to go. I definitely do not need more games :P

BanzaiCat

Okay, fug it. I bought it. $2.49, you can't beat that, period, even if the games all suck.

As for Witcher - what mods are you using? I really want to get into it but I've tried twice now and just cannot do it. Do the mods make a big difference?

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 22, 2015, 06:50:33 PM
Okay, fug it. I bought it. $2.49, you can't beat that, period, even if the games all suck.

As for Witcher - what mods are you using? I really want to get into it but I've tried twice now and just cannot do it. Do the mods make a big difference?

Well I've only just started in with it and I didn't play it much unmodded, so I can't really say. I went with the mods listed here:

http://www.gamingboulevard.com/2015/05/special-lets-mod-the-witcher-enhanced-edition/

I have the Enhanced Edition that I bought a few years back on physical disk. I had to apply the 1.5 patch before it would run correctly on my Win 7 laptop - http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.5_patch

steve58

Humble Weekly Bundle Simulators 4!

Pay $1 for the following:

• Out of the Park Baseball 15
  • Kill The Bad Guy 
  • Real Boxing

Pay $6 to also get:

• Emergency 2014
  • Gnomoria

Pay $10 to also get:

• Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)