The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

I was really enjoying it and spending way too much time playing it until I finally made it to the bottom of the massive dungeon you find under your stronghold.  I must have tried at least 20 times to beat the big bad baddie you find down there and, on my best result,  I don't think I ever even got its HP down to 50% before getting wiped.  That was with all my characters at max level.  It was just such a brutally lopsided fight that I completely lost interest in finishing the game.  You don't actually have to win this fight to finish the game as it's only a side quest, but it's such a major side quest that I felt cheated by being unable to beat it.

WallysWorld

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Rayfer

Saw Endless Legends for $17.49 on Steam. I'm still on the fence for this game....posters seem to either love it or hate it.

Skoop

Il2 Battle of Stalingrad is on sale 50 % off for end of summer sale.

online store
http://il2sturmovik.com/store/

Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/307960/

tgb

Not strictly a sale, but donate $1 to Game Changer, not only will it go to fight pediatric cancer, but they will send you a Steam key for Hitman:Absolution

Staggerwing

Quote from: tgb on August 27, 2015, 07:34:20 PM
Not strictly a sale, but donate $1 to Game Changer, not only will it go to fight pediatric cancer, but they will send you a Steam key for Hitman:Absolution

Dammit!

I probably never would have bought this game. Now I own it at way more than it would have cost me during the next Steam Sale!

(J/K. No regrets O0)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

-budd-

you can get  Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones: Humble Deluxe Edition Free until 31st. The first one was a nice little puzzler.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/stealthinc2_agameofclones_freegame
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Greybriar

Up to 75% off many Paradox titles at the Paradox Store.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

steve58

Humble Tom Clancy Bundle

All games come with a Uplay key and not Steam keys. More games will unlock next week.

Pay what you want for:

• Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 Gold (Raven Shield / Athena Sword)
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Multiplayer beta access
Beat the current average: ($ 6.79)

• Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Pay $10 or more to unlock!

• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Pay $75 or more to unlock:

• Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
  • Exclusive Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege T-shirt
  • 66% off up to any three Ubisoft titles in the Humble Store coupon (excludes pre-orders)
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Humble Weekly Bundle

Pay $1 for:

• Zombie Kill of the Week - Reborn
  • Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic
  • Meridian: New World
  • Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
Pay $6 for:

• Coffin Dodgers
  • Victory at Sea
  • Enforcer: Police Crime Action

All Steam keys.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Toonces

Steve-
I understand about the UPlay keys vice Steam keys (thanks for the heads up on that) but can you add the games to your Steam library anyway?  I know that's possible with some games.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

steve58

Toonces -- I think the Uplay games would be like adding any other non-Steam game to your library.  It would show up, but would just be a shortcut link.  I don't think I've ever added any non-Steam games to my library, so maybe someone who has added a Uplay game can confirm...

Toonces

Ok, I figured as much.  Too bad they're not Steam keys.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

BanzaiCat

The screwy thing about Uplay games and Steam is, if you buy it in Steam, you have to install and run Uplay. Once you do that, you can run the game through Uplay and you don't need Steam, though I've always had both open whenever I've played a Uplay game.

I own a few games through Uplay directly (two of the three Mass Effects) and one through Steam/Uplay (The Great War, a side-scrolling puzzler, not a wargame). It's not that big a deal. It might be a pain in the ass at first, but really it's not that much effort. I understand some people hate Uplay, or probably more specifically having to jump through two hoops instead of one, but come on...you, like me, grew up playing ASCII-graphic games on BBSs. You've had much worse inconvenience in your gaming life.  ;)

JudgeDredd

Isn't it a shame that DCS has a 70% sale on and even that isn't enticing me to buy the modules I don't have because I am so tired at their lack of direction or ambition?

Anyway - for anyone that didn't pick up on it in my wee rant...

DCS sale - everything is 70% off until September 7th
Alba gu' brath