The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

^ Witcher I is $1.49 and Witcher II is $2.99. Very excellent prices. The first one never grabbed me, though I am tempted to get W2 at that price, even though I'll probably never play the bloody thing.

steve58

I am guilty :-\ of also posting this in the Bioshock Infinite thread, but thought it might catch a few more eyes here as well.

Vote in the 2015 Golden Joystick Awards and get Bioshock Infinite (PC Digital Download) for $1

Want to get Bioshock Infinite for a whopping $1?

Simply vote on the Golden Joysticks awards 2015 then visit the Green Man Gaming Golden Joysticks page to claim your HUGE voucher code.

Additionally, you can get YOUR $1 BACK in GMG credit!

Link your Steam account to Playfire and play your newly purchased copy of Bioshock Infinite. Easy!

http://www.greenmangaming.com/golden-joysticks-2015/?affsrc=1&utm_medium=affiliates#b
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

BanzaiCat

Steam has some good sales this weekend...Focus Home Interactive's titles have some deep discounts.

Wargame: Airland Battle, Wargame: European Escalation, Wargame: Red Dragon, all for $12.49.
- Wargame: Airland Battle alone is $4.99.
- Wargame: Red Dragon alone is $9.99.

Runaway: A Road Adventure, $1.99 (I helped write the manual on that one, LOL)

...plus a few others that are kinda okay.

Tpek

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 04, 2015, 09:23:17 AM
(I helped write the manual on that one, LOL)

Eh? How did you get into writing manuals for games?

BanzaiCat

Long story, but it basically started with writing for That Other SiteTM back in 2001 or 2002 or so, which snowballed into writing for a developer, which turned into other gigs, mostly for CDV but some other companies as well.

It wasn't nearly the fun experience one might think it is. It's long work and does not pay well at all. But I'm glad I was able to put my name in a few of them out there. :)

JasonPratt

The Focus weekend on Steam is a good time to get Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition, if anyone interested hasn't gotten it yet.

The sale doesn't affect BB2 which releases this month sometime. I went ahead and bought the Lizardman pre-order this morning. Which I realize is deeply stupid in so many ways. Can't help it, love the game.  :smitten: Hoping for the best, but the original was a buggy mess for a long time.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 04, 2015, 08:02:28 AM
Isn't it a shame that DCS has a 70% sale on and even that isn't enticing me to buy the modules I don't have because I am so tired at their lack of direction or ambition?

Anyway - for anyone that didn't pick up on it in my wee rant...

DCS sale - everything is 70% off until September 7th

Not quite everything.  I didn't see the MiG-21 package listed in the email.   ???

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on September 04, 2015, 11:45:12 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 04, 2015, 08:02:28 AM
Isn't it a shame that DCS has a 70% sale on and even that isn't enticing me to buy the modules I don't have because I am so tired at their lack of direction or ambition?

Anyway - for anyone that didn't pick up on it in my wee rant...

DCS sale - everything is 70% off until September 7th

Not quite everything.  I didn't see the MiG-21 package listed in the email.   ???
How bizarre. I'm sure that's everything in their arsenal bar the Mig-21 then...The Mig-15 and the Aviojet are there - both more recent releases  ???
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

I'll likely pick up MiG-15 but I'm completely not into DCS anymore.  In fact, I don't even have installed at the moment.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Skoop

I think DCS is having a serious issue with 2.0 and their scattered approach dev cycle is killing them.  They are stuck because they need modules to release to bring in money, but everyone has put DCS on the shelf to wait for 2.0.  They are at a point where its at crunch time and all hands at ED should be focused on 2.0 to pump that out ASAP.  It's almost a joke that they announce stuff, but is it ever going to see the light of day ?  If I see one more trainer AC announced for DCS, I'll probably puke.

Asid

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 04, 2015, 08:16:45 AM
^ Witcher I is $1.49 and Witcher II is $2.99. Very excellent prices. The first one never grabbed me, though I am tempted to get W2 at that price, even though I'll probably never play the bloody thing.

I could've said this word for word.  I did pick up TW2 and I'm installing it now.  I might even load it once!

Rayfer

Quote from: Huw the Poo on September 06, 2015, 08:45:06 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 04, 2015, 08:16:45 AM

I could've said this word for word.  I did pick up TW2 and I'm installing it now.  I might even load it once!

Interesting...I had the opposite experience.  Enjoyed Witcher 1 and finished it, but just couldn't get into 2.

mirth

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on September 04, 2015, 09:23:17 AM
Wargame: Airland Battle, Wargame: European Escalation, Wargame: Red Dragon, all for $12.49.

That's a crap ton of gaming for cheap.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus