The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

BundleStars has Planetary Annihilation for $1 for the next ~3 days.

Making History: The Great War on sale for $14.99 on Steam.  O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

FlickJax

Quote from: steve58 on September 14, 2015, 01:10:45 PM

Is PA any good single player?

Asid

Command H.Q.

-86% = £0.69

WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends 21 September

http://store.steampowered.com/app/329630/?snr=1_7_7_weeklongdeals_150_3

In this fast-paced game of strategic global conquest from award-winning game designer Dan Bunten, you'll control your own superpower as you attempt to outguess and overcome opposing superpowers in World Wars I, II, III IV, and V!

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Toonces

I just don't think I can bite, Asid.  That's just a bit too retro, if you know what I mean.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Asid

Quote from: Toonces on September 14, 2015, 07:25:05 PM
I just don't think I can bite, Asid.  That's just a bit too retro, if you know what I mean.

;D
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Greybriar

Quote from: Toonces on September 14, 2015, 07:25:05 PM

I would buy any PC game by Dan Bunten. And it's only $0.97.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

bbmike

I spent many, many hours with Command HQ and Global Conquest back in the day.  8)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Jarhead0331

Quote from: FlickJax on September 14, 2015, 02:56:49 PM

It's one frickin dollar. Shut up and buy it.  :idiot2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

FlickJax

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bbmike on September 14, 2015, 09:10:30 PM
I spent many, many hours with Command HQ and Global Conquest back in the day.  8)

+1

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 15, 2015, 05:41:01 AM

Just speaking for myself....it isn't the one dollar that's the issue, it's the investment of gaming time needed to learn and play a new game like this. So perhaps what's really being asked is whether the game is worth the investment our limited gaming time, or is it a waste of time because it stinks? It's not dollars but hours that's at play (pun intended) here.

Greybriar

Quote from: Rayfer on September 15, 2015, 12:14:16 PM
Just speaking for myself....it isn't the one dollar that's the issue, it's the investment of gaming time needed to learn and play a new game like this. So perhaps what's really being asked is whether the game is worth the investment our limited gaming time, or is it a waste of time because it stinks? It's not dollars but hours that's at play (pun intended) here.

The time needed to learn to play CHQ is minimal. The only units are infantry, armor, submarines, destroyers, aircraft carriers, and planes. The time required to play a game depends on how quickly a player captures the enemy headquarters. I doubt a regular game on a random map would take more than an hour to complete (I always play against the Mars, god of War A.I.), which makes for a nice beer-and-pretzels game.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Jarhead0331

OK. Its still just a dollar. If there is even a passing interest, why not just buy it, hold onto it in your library and then when time permits, dig in? If you end up not investing the time, you're only out the $1. I've expended time worth far more than $1 in just responding to this.  >:D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Rayfer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 15, 2015, 01:57:12 PM

OK. Its still just a dollar. If there is even a passing interest, why not just buy it, hold onto it in your library and then when time permits, dig in? If you end up not investing the time, you're only out the $1. I've expended time worth far more than $1 in just responding to this.  >:D

LOL....JH, being you're an attorney (right?), you know all about how time and money work together. Isn't it called 'billable hours'? Perhaps we should look at gaming the same way.

Shelldrake

Amnesia is free on Steam for the next 24 hours. All Penumbra games are on sale.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell