The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asid

Quote from: Shelldrake on September 15, 2015, 04:48:57 PM
Amnesia is free on Steam for the next 24 hours.

Can't remember if I've ever played it......  ::)

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Thanks for posting :)
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

WallysWorld

Quote from: Shelldrake on September 15, 2015, 04:48:57 PM
Amnesia is free on Steam for the next 24 hours. All Penumbra games are on sale.

Many thanks for posting this info. Downloading the game now. All of those Penumbra games have terrific atmosphere.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Asid

War in Pieces

BanzaiCat

Bundle Stars is running a very tempting sale...the Damnation Bundle.  >:D

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/damnation-bundle/

For $4.99, you get Steam keys of the following:

- Painkiller: Hell and Damnation (77%, mostly positive on Steam)
- Runers (87%)
- Ratz Instagib (86%)
- Cosmochoria (95%)
- Shattered Planet (74%)
- Super Dungeon Run (91%)
- CONSORTIUM (79%)
- Kingdom Wars 2: Battles (81%)

I only call out the percent approvals because I know nothing about any of these games, except for Shattered Planet (I don't own it, I've only checked out the trailer for it a few times). Seems that most bundled games are crap but these are generally well-received, and for five bucks...hmm.

BanzaiCat

Duck Tales Remastered is only $4.99, on sale from $14.99, on the Humble Store! Get it while it's hot!  ;D

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/ducktales_remastered_storefront

JasonPratt

Steam has a number of WB Titles on sale this weekend, the best deals being IMO the Batman: Arkham series (not including Knight which still hasn't been released from Steam purgatory), Shadow of Mordor (aka Undead Tolkien Batman), and the many Lego games, the most recent of which appears to be the Jurassic Park quadrology.

You can also buy various Mortal Kombat games since WB took over the license, oddly not including MK vs. DC, but also including the excellent Injustice: Gods Among Us which is a 2-1/2 hour full CGI remake/update of the Justice Lords plotline from the Justice League animated series, featuring a fair number of the DCAU continuity voice actors (including Kevin Conroy as Batman) plus newcomer Troy Baker doing an amazing Mark Hamill impression as the Joker -- quite probably how he auditioned for his equally amazing work in the Arkham: Origins and Blackgate games.

Note that Steam has all four of the Arkham games before Knight including Blackgate -- my least favorite of the series (because I'm not a big fan of 2.5D Metroid-vania platform brawlers) but still a legitimate translation of Arkham gameplay to that venue.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 18, 2015, 09:25:16 PM
Gods Among Us[/b] which is a 2-1/2 hour full CGI remake/update of the Justice Lords plotline from the Justice League animated series

Not to go too OT, but the Injustice storyline is quite different from the Justice Lords storyline of the comics/TV-show.
It actually has it's own comic series that has been going on for a time now.

jamus34

Also not to go too OT, but is it sad that the indie and small market games catch my attention more than the AAA titles of today?

Actually I should throw something up on the main GD board.
Insert witty comment here.

Toonces

I don't think I've see it posted but Total War: Attila and most of the DLC are all 50% off on Steam.  I'm a bit tempted; that's not a bad price at all, about $45 for the whole smack.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Yes, Injustice is quite different in many regards from the Justice Lords plotline, but the underlying concept is the same: a major villain finally provokes Superman into killing him, Supes decides he's had enough of following the rules and launches a world takeover plan for benevolent dictatorship, most or all of the Justice League gang in behind him, the normal heroes crossover more-or-less by accident and fight to stop him and his League, plottiness and butt-kicking ensue. Batman is the key defector from the regime.

This is quite distinct from a "Crime Syndicate" storyline where moralities are mirror-universe flipped and the heroes are simply gangster villains instead (although Injustice!Luthor's morality turns out to be good.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Tpek

Quote from: JasonPratt on September 21, 2015, 10:27:10 AM
Yes, Injustice is quite different in many regards from the Justice Lords plotline, but the underlying concept is the same: a major villain finally provokes Superman into killing him, Supes decides he's had enough of following the rules and launches a world takeover plan for benevolent dictatorship, most or all of the Justice League gang in behind him, the normal heroes crossover more-or-less by accident and fight to stop him and his League, plottiness and butt-kicking ensue. Batman is the key defector from the regime.

This is quite distinct from a "Crime Syndicate" storyline where moralities are mirror-universe flipped and the heroes are simply gangster villains instead (although Injustice!Luthor's morality turns out to be good.)

Yet in the Justice Lords stoyline, it's not just Superman (goaded by Wonder Woman) who starts going this path, but the entire Justice League. And they pretty much descend into it very quickly.
Batman only defects after the Earth-1 Justice League convinces him to do so.

In Injustice, Superman, stricken with grief and anger over the death of his wife&child (and the entire population of Metropolis) starts to slowly go down the tyrannical path.
Batman isn't as much of a hero who opposes him, as a best friend who due to Superman's grief and killing of Batman's beloved Joker, starts becoming Superman's nemesis.
(Neither faction, Superman's nor Batman's in Injustice is "good" or innocent of the bad blood between them. It's one of the main points of the storyline, which in essence just serves as a cheap excuse for a Superhero/Supervillain free-for-all-brawl and promote the video game)

Asid

War in Pieces

Barthheart

Galciv III is 50% off.... is it any good? Do you need the expansions? Never played any of the GalCiv games.....

JasonPratt

Gamersgate is running a sale on all things AssCreed this weekend. Also some other things like the Max Payne and Prince of Persia series.