The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: tgb on November 03, 2015, 08:43:47 PM
That was fast.  Blood Bowl 2 is $30 on Steam until Friday
That almost made me jump - if not for the fact that I seem to have given up on PC gaming at the moment and moved onto modelling and toying with the idea of getting one of my board games out.

Since my rebuild, I put all the games I was "keen" on and left the rest off. The result was I ended up with about 10 icons for games and not the 40+ I had before. But even those - which I deemed the games I would likely play - haven't made me bite. Only Combat Mission:Shock Force really.

I ain't given up - just a bit meh at the minute with PC gaming
Alba gu' brath

sandman2575

Anyone check out the GOG autumn sale?  Some surprising discounts here -- Age of Wonders 3 deluxe for under $9. Witcher 3 for 30% off...

http://www.gog.com/game/age_of_wonders_3_deluxe_edition

Nefaro

I see some other notable indies on the GOG sale such as Din's Curse, and it's expansion, for $2 to $3 apiece.

Worth browsing through everything.  ^-^

Edit:  I see the Great Battles Collector's Edition is also 75% off.  For you fans of GMT's Great Battles Of History series.  ;)

Shelldrake

Rome Gold for $2 and Banished for $5 are pretty tempting.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

BanzaiCat

+1 on Banished. Is Rome Gold stand alone or a DLC?

Gusington

Gold includes the Barbarian Invasion expansion IIRC - one of my favorite TW games.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

So...okay...I take it Rome Gold is a stand-alone, then? It's hard to tell from the description.

Gusington

No - I think it includes the BI expansion...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Okay, it's a Rome Total War expansion then...glad I didn't go get it. I have no business buying anything right now anyway.  :buck2:

Gusington

There are a few cylinders not clicking here...to my knowledge, Rome Gold includes the original game AND the BI expansion.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Not exactly a sale, but someone could exploit the current Arkham Knight deal for the next couple of months to play the game for free, by getting a full refund after playing it.

In order to try to recoup good will, WBGames has decided to make ArkKnight and any/all DLC 100% refundable since its initial release, good for any purchase until the end of the year. If you held onto it long past the original normal refund limit, hoping they'd fix it, and their fixes weren't enough or didn't help at all, you can refund it until the end of the year. But you can also buy it and then refund it any time before the end of the year.

It's like having a 100% off ArkKnight sale (even including the Season Pass) through the end of the year, though obviously as year-end approaches the practical value of that 'discount' will decrease (since you have to refund the game to take advantage of it and you might not have time to play it through or even get a sense if it works sufficiently on your rig, if you buy-in late.)

I should perhaps add that I enjoyed both playthroughs, despite my gfx card being crippled (ArkKnight still doesn't have code to process SLI cards, so only half my card was working), so I won't be doing the refund, because I don't think that would be right. But someone could do that, basically put down whatever it costs (even for the Season pass) as a deposit, then return the game to pick up all the deposit.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Shelldrake

Quote from: Shelldrake on November 04, 2015, 11:33:05 AM
Rome Gold for $2 and Banished for $5 are pretty tempting.

Rome Gold is not the TW game. Full title is  Europa Universalis Rome Gold.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

airboy

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 04, 2015, 10:52:51 AM
Anyone check out the GOG autumn sale?  Some surprising discounts here -- Age of Wonders 3 deluxe for under $9. Witcher 3 for 30% off...

http://www.gog.com/game/age_of_wonders_3_deluxe_edition

Age of Wonders 3 Deluxe is absolutely awesome if you like 4X games with a fantasy motif.  I have been playing this 4 days or more out of 7 for the last month.  At less than $10 this is an amazing deal.

AchillesLastStand

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance is on sale on Steam right now for 2.99. http://store.steampowered.com/app/9420/
If by chance you haven't played this the price for one of the better RTS of the last 10 years is a steal.

BanzaiCat

^ Just to expand on that, Supreme Commander and Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance can be bought for a dollar more (3.99). That's a great deal overall...thanks for the heads up, Achilles!