The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Tuna

Ugh what document format is that? In Linux I have two choices.. two small to read..or so large you only see the price tag!

WallysWorld

More tempting sales.

Rise of Flight's 60% off sale with the Russian Sikorsky S-16 and S-22 at 50% off : http://riseofflight.com/store/
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tuna on November 26, 2015, 08:43:50 AM
Ugh what document format is that? In Linux I have two choices.. two small to read..or so large you only see the price tag!

I thought I had that issue too (Firefox on Linux) but you can click and drag the slider below the catalogue to fine tune the zoom.

JasonPratt

Just Cause 3 is on the way next week, and will cost around US$50 from Steam plus more for DLC. It will no doubt be worth the money, at least for the base game. (Traditionally the DLC has been better to buy on sale.)

However, it isn't likely that the game will be that much of an improvement over JC2, which is on sale at Steam right now for about $5 $3.75, plus $1.75 for all the DLC. I'm tempted to buy it, even though I already beat the game on PS3, just for being able to play JC2 on a super-PC rather than on the PS3. (Also because trying to fly planes on the PS3 is practically impossible. Not that it matters; the copters are vastly much more useful.)

For those who don't know, the JC franchise is a lot like Far Cry, except with an ongoing protagonist (a Latin American CIA regime-breaker who has a cover identity as the world's single most dangerous mercenary, the Scorpion), a much larger sandbox (20 miles by 20 miles instead of like 3 x 3), and a larger emphasis on explosives and dual-shooting. Also, a Batmanish grappling hook, which FC still hasn't added and probably won't.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Father Ted

Silent Disapproval Robot

Verdun is 50% off at Gamersgate so I bought it.  Soooo, are we doing this thing?

Gusington

Nice! Let's try to get a group together this weekend with you, Toonces, IronX and myself.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I have to work night shifts this weekend so I probably can't take part.

Gusington

Might not necessarily be at night.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Uberhaus

Jade Empire Special Edition is on the house at Origin.com   :smitten:

Funny, I was just thinking about picking this game up.  Thanks Origin.

steve58

Quote from: IronX on December 02, 2015, 12:55:33 PM
GoG.com Winter Sale on now.

http://www.gog.com/news/the_big_winter_sale_starts_now

damn, no time to let our wallets/credit cards cool off before another sale.  O0
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Shelldrake

"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

CptHowdy

just did the $3 mystery game at gog. got long live the queen  :'(