The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I can't be a vampire either, much less a werewolf.

Gusington

IIRC I did become a werewolf too and had more fun with that, surprisingly. Man Skyrim just scratches so many itches...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Considering my Orc is a hair short of level 30 and has Legendary Dragon Armor all around and is wielding a Legendary Orc Warhammer, being a werewolf just doesn't do anything for me. I'd rather be an Orc tank than a furry slobbering beast that doesn't get rest bonuses. But that's just me.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on January 16, 2016, 05:25:39 PM
^YES! And if you do nothing else, get Dawnguard, Nef!

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 16, 2016, 05:48:02 PM
I just added Hearthfire, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn to my Skyrim game last month during the winter sale, Nef. And I've ...

Quote from: eyebiter on January 16, 2016, 07:44:51 PM
There is a No Vampire Attacks Before Dawnguard Main Quest mod available in the Steam Workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220563376

Thanks for the info guys.

I've actually owned all the Skyrim DLC for more than a year.  Just haven't played it since then, despite plans to do so.  I know once a new game gets rolling, it will suck up most of my gaming time. 

Plus there's the mod soup to wade through, even if it's just digging through the mod workshop to find little stuff I'd want.  Such as the one Eyebiter linked that prevents premature NPC killings by vampires.

Fortunately I've been pretty averse to modding lately, other than some small fixes for annoying issues.  Had enough mod soup syndrome to last a lifetime from all the Silent Hunter sims in which I'd dump a large amount of mods that I would proceed to further modify myself.  Made me a bit crazy.  :crazy2:  Keepin' it as close to vanilla as possible now (other than any possible future SH campaigns - those things absolutely require them).

Gusington

Anyone know of any discounts for Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak coming out on 1/20?

I know I can get it on Steam right now for 39.99 with the bonus of Homeworld: Remastered but that still seems a little high to me and I already have Homeworld: Remastered.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

I picked up typing of the dead complete and deadnaut. I liked Zafehouse diaries so looking forward to seeing what they did with Deadnaut. As a pickup and play i've always been a sucker for House of the dead titles, don't know why.......O yea there's zombies ;) as a segway did any one mention that 7 Days To Die is on sale  55% off ... https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/7daystodie_storefront?hmb_source=search_bar
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Huw the Poo

Heh.  Screwfly (developers of Zafehouse Diaries and Deadnaut) have just released their third game this week. :)

-budd-

Quote from: Huw the Poo on January 17, 2016, 11:42:30 AM
Heh.  Screwfly (developers of Zafehouse Diaries and Deadnaut) have just released their third game this week. :)

Been keeping an eye on that one. I imagine i'll be picking it up at some point, probably when it hits a good sale ;D , although the 25% off is tempting. Deadnaut looks like something i should enjoy more than Zafehouse, the only thing that kept me away was the posts about the unfairness i.e. the no win scenarios, make it hard but fair and im good.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Huw the Poo

Well I've never encountered a mission in Deadnaut that was unfair, however be warned that it is a very difficult game.  Also, be sure to read the short manual or you won't get anywhere.  I hope you enjoy it; I should play it more but I think it's a very nicely-crafted game that heaps the atmosphere on in spades.

I'll get Fear Equation as soon as it's released on Linux. :)

BanzaiCat

Bundle Stars has a decent deal up:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/all-stars-5-bundle?utm_source=Bundle%20Stars%20Newsletter&utm_campaign=dec264e4e2-Bundle_Fest_All_Stars5_01_18_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_3437eaaeba-dec264e4e2-425019457&mc_cid=dec264e4e2&mc_eid=20e36d953e

Painkiller: Black Edition
Planetary Annihilation - Digital Deluxe Commander Bundle
...and six others I'm too lazy to list here...

All for $1.99. I know some of you were bitching about Planetary Annihilation in a thread about a year ago (I searched) and it seemed kind of divided between it being good and it being unfinished. Now...two bucks, plus seven other games included.

IronX

Martok

For the next 24 hours, GamersGate has a Stardock bundle on sale for $50.00 that includes Sorcerer King, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, plus all three Galactic Civilizations titles. 

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SB16/stardock-bundle-2016

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

kludger

Nice Firaxis Humble Bundle this week.

Decent Pay What You Want tiers that include the XCOM:EU and XCOM:EW and Civ 3,4,5 and Beyond Earth series.
https://www.humblebundle.com/

Most of us probably already own a lot of these titles, but the bundle might be worth it when trying to introduce new folks to turn based strategy gaming (thinking of picking this up for my kids).

Huw the Poo

Yeah, the only game there that I don't have (or can't play on Linux) is Beyond Earth, but it's been $15 on its own before and I wasn't especially tempted then.  Incredible bundle for those just discovering strategy though, as you say, Kludger.