The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Quote from: airboy on March 29, 2016, 11:44:36 AM
Quote from: steve58 on March 29, 2016, 09:16:36 AM
Some new golden oldies just released on GOG.com and on sale:

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM 2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

• Railroad Tycoon Bundle (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
  • X-COM Classic Bundle (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
  • Freedom Force Pack (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at... 50% off!
  • Sid Meier's Pirates! (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

The original Freedom Force is the best super-hero, single person game ever released for the PC.  Great game play.  The game totally captures the ethos of the 1960s Stan Lee / Jack Kirby era.

The follow up was not as good.

For Freedom!

+Zillion, at least for the first part.

The 2nd was quite good as well.
It didn't innovate much like the first, but was still fun and had an interesting storyline.

JudgeDredd

Mad Max is 50% off on Steam until Friday 10am Pacific

I haven't really played it enough to determine whether it's worth that or not in all honesty.

One review here gives it 8.4

And this is Zero Punctuation's take on it (language warning)

Sup to you  8)
Alba gu' brath

tgb

The original Freedom Force is the best super-hero, single person game ever released for the PC.  Great game play.  The game totally captures the ethos of the 1960s Stan Lee / Jack Kirby era.

For Freedom!

Clearly you've never played Superhero League of Hoboken.  I'd love to see GOG get it's mitts on the old Legend Entertainment catalogue.

airboy

Quote from: tgb on March 29, 2016, 01:38:13 PM

For Freedom!

Clearly you've never played Superhero League of Hoboken.  I'd love to see GOG get it's mitts on the old Legend Entertainment catalogue.

I've never heard of Superhero League of Hoboken until now.  Looked it up.  Would love to try it.  Probably Freedom Force has a more modern and fun combat system - but I would love to try this.

tgb

Superhero League is very tongue-in-cheek.  The lead designer was, I think, Steve Meretzky, who did almost all of the Infocom "comedy" titles (Leather Goddess of Phobos)

Gusington

Mad Max is friggin' awesome, especially if you're into cars!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

I was never into modding games, but Freedom Force was the first game I ever actively did mods for. I loved the game so much I put Marvel skins on created characters and have even more of a blast with it.

Can't recommend FF enough if you haven't played it - not just the gameplay but the pulpy comic story is pretty awesome too.

FF vs. the Third Reich, I had it but didn't play through it all the way. I don't remember if it's because I didn't like it or what.

Anyway...bought. Been a while and can't go wrong for four bucks.

undercovergeek

Steam has Call to Arms at £4.74

and Ryse: Son of Rome at £4.75

Gusington

Fallout 4 for ~39.00 at Bundle Stars.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Pretty big Bundle Stars sale going on right now with some decent titles featured at good discounts.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

sambo

Next month's humble bundle monthly (US$12 per month) has mad max and it unlocks as soon as you pay + another 5 or so games to be announced.

Asid

All Graviteam Tactics titles + SABOW  75% off

Mius Front and Steel Fury K42 NOT included.

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=graviteam

War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

steve58

Humble Staff Picks

Pay $1 for the following:

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
  • Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
  • Ultimate General: Gettysburg
  • 10% off Humble Monthly for New Subscribers

Beat the average for:

• Tropico 5
  • GRAV
  • Victor Vran
  • ...and Mystery Games will be unlocked later

Pay $12 to also get:

• Homeworld Remastered Collection
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

^Damn. That's a good bundle.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

steve58

Steam has Space Engineers on sale for $7.49.  Offer ends April 11.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)