The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Steam is running a special sale and free weekend for Empyrion this weekend. See the link in my sig to a recently completed AAR for an overview.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jamus34

Steam also has Gravteam Tactics: Operation Star on sale for $5.99.
Insert witty comment here.

steve58

On sale over at the Humble Bundle Store:

Doorkickers for $2.99
Khet 2.0 for $2.49
Imperial Flory for $0.49
Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire for $0.99
...and more.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 13, 2016, 05:00:34 AM
Quote from: PanzersEast on May 09, 2016, 09:33:06 PM
I got swept up in the Stellaris release I forgot that Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations is on Sale at Steam for 60% off $31.00
and Northern Inferno is $7.99

PE
Jesus - was that one day or something...AND a Monday? It's certainly not on sale on UK Steam at £60  :uglystupid2:

JD you could become a Beta Tester....might even get you a discount or something.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JudgeDredd

Quote from: steve58 on May 13, 2016, 03:58:47 PM
I got swept up in the Stellaris release I forgot that Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations is on Sale at Steam for 60% off $31.00

PE
Jesus - was that one day or something...AND a Monday? It's certainly not on sale on UK Steam at £60  :uglystupid2:

JD you could become a Beta Tester....might even get you a discount or something.
lol. Thanks Steve. But I wasn't too complimentary on their release version. I can't recall...something about "WTF can't I see this when selecting the platform" and some UI things. In many ways it seemed a huge step forward from Harpoon and in many other ways, it seemed to be a step back. But that was some time ago and there's plenty of people that love it.

The guy actually told me off when he read I had sold it on (which I actually did for charity) because they had been working on things I had brought up and he thought I should've stayed with it. A fair point, but at the time I was raising some money for St Helena's Hospice (at least I think that was the same time as me selling it)

It was a game I was very interested in and I expect it's progressed considerably since it's release...but I'm not willing to pay full price to find out.

I'll keep my eyes open for a sale. If they've updated the UI to give users the data they need at their finger tips, I'll buy some DLC and start giving them money again. Good development should be rewarded.
Alba gu' brath

jamus34

Quote from: steve58 on May 13, 2016, 03:56:01 PM
On sale over at the Humble Bundle Store:

Doorkickers for $2.99
Khet 2.0 for $2.49
Imperial Flory for $0.49
Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire for $0.99
...and more.

Doorkickers is worth every penny of that $2.99
Insert witty comment here.

Tuna

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 13, 2016, 05:12:19 PM
Quote from: steve58 on May 13, 2016, 03:58:47 PM

PE

lol. Thanks Steve. But I wasn't too complimentary on their release version. I can't recall...something about "WTF can't I see this when selecting the platform" and some UI things. In many ways it seemed a huge step forward from Harpoon and in many other ways, it seemed to be a step back. But that was some time ago and there's plenty of people that love it.

The guy actually told me off when he read I had sold it on (which I actually did for charity) because they had been working on things I had brought up and he thought I should've stayed with it. A fair point, but at the time I was raising some money for St Helena's Hospice (at least I think that was the same time as me selling it)

It was a game I was very interested in and I expect it's progressed considerably since it's release...but I'm not willing to pay full price to find out.

I'll keep my eyes open for a sale. If they've updated the UI to give users the data they need at their finger tips, I'll buy some DLC and start giving them money again. Good development should be rewarded.

One of the few times I exercised a Steam refund.. Due to the UI..

Huw the Poo

You miserable ingrates.  As a user of an OS for which CMANO is not yet available, I can only watch the discussion thread in envy...and here you are refunding due to piddly UI issues! :P

(Hope it's obvious already, but I jest ;))

Staggerwing

*cough*dualboot*Cough*

(J/k- I know you don't want any windoze ickystuff coming near your minty-fresh box of liberation :)))
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Nefaro

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 14, 2016, 02:34:38 PM
*cough*dualboot*Cough*

(J/k- I know you don't want any windoze ickystuff coming near your minty-fresh box of liberation :)))

;D

sandman2575

Quote from: Tuna on May 14, 2016, 10:09:22 AM
One of the few times I exercised a Steam refund.. Due to the UI..

The 'Windows XP' UI is indeed horrendous. Ordinarily that alone would keep me from buying but the price was so good and there is a moderately encouraging post on the Steam CMANO forum from a very talented modder who exampled some ways of upgrading the UI. His examples are fantastic -- a massive improvement on the existing UI. But I think that was sometime in 2014 -- so it may be a dead letter after all. Shame, as I think it would enhance the game experience a thousand-fold.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 14, 2016, 01:51:38 PM
You miserable ingrates.  As a user of an OS for which CMANO is not yet available, I can only watch the discussion thread in envy...and here you are refunding due to piddly UI issues! :P

(Hope it's obvious already, but I jest ;))
Yes.

It does seem to have come a long way and I do look out for it on sale. Last time I saw it, I had already committed to something else, so never picked it up. I missed this recent sale  :'(
Alba gu' brath

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Staggerwing on May 14, 2016, 02:34:38 PM
*cough*dualboot*Cough*

Haha!  Very good. ;)

Shelldrake

On sale at Humble Bundle for $1

Sacred 3 Gold
Risen
Risen 2 Gold
Saints Row 2
Dead Island GOTY
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Dimitris

Quote from: sandman2575 on May 14, 2016, 03:21:00 PM
The 'Windows XP' UI is indeed horrendous. Ordinarily that alone would keep me from buying but the price was so good and there is a moderately encouraging post on the Steam CMANO forum from a very talented modder who exampled some ways of upgrading the UI. His examples are fantastic -- a massive improvement on the existing UI. But I think that was sometime in 2014 -- so it may be a dead letter after all. Shame, as I think it would enhance the game experience a thousand-fold.

Not dead letter by far  :)

And for those who've been with us since the late 90s, there is an inherent irony on the "I don't like the UI because it's too much Windows-y" viewpoint.

For years, the most common criticism leveled at H3's UI was that it did not conform to the Windows UI conventions (little wonder, since it was DOS-based and conceived when Windows 3.1x was the norm).

So CMANO comes out and has an unmistakably Windows-based UI..... and it turns out some people hate this with a passion :)

Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations
http://www.warfaresims.com/Command