The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 29, 2016, 02:21:36 PM
Legends of Eisenwald - pay what you want on Indiegamestand

That indigamestand site is great Huw, trust you to know these things

Huw the Poo

Yeah, I've found a number of hidden gems on there, especially when looking past the pay-what-you-want deals.  Underrated site in my opinion.

-budd-

Looks like Mafia 2 is back for sale and on sale at GG. Didn't someone say this was an excellent game.
http://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/646/mafia-ii-week
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: -budd- on June 02, 2016, 06:40:23 PM
Looks like Mafia 2 is back for sale and on sale at GG. Didn't someone say this was an excellent game.
http://www.gamersgate.com/campaign/646/mafia-ii-week

I haven't finished it, but absolutely worth those prices....

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Rayfer

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

tgb

GOG Summer Sale has started.  Too much stuff for me to enumerate, but they are giving System Shock 2 to people who help test their GOG Galaxy.

tgb

GamersGate has Victory at Sea on sale for $10.  What's the verdict on that one?  Can you issue orders while paused, and can you save mid-mission?  If its a yest to both it's a no-brainer for me.

JasonPratt

While it isn't a "sale" exactly, Kalypso is giving away a bunch of Steam keys to Imperium Romanum Gold as part of their 10th anniversary celebration.

Considering that some people regard this as still better than Grand Ages: Rome in some ways, that's a rather gutsy thing to do!  ;D But anyway, don't be surprised to see a number of free Steam keys going up on the boards in various places.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2016, 08:59:34 AM
GamersGate has Victory at Sea on sale for $10.  What's the verdict on that one?  Can you issue orders while paused, and can you save mid-mission?  If its a yest to both it's a no-brainer for me.

Yes, you can issue orders to ships while paused...and sadly no, you can't save mid-mission.  I've seen it cheaper than $10, closer to $7.  Probably will be in the Steam Summer Sale.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Greybriar

Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2016, 08:58:19 AM
GOG Summer Sale has started.  Too much stuff for me to enumerate, but they are giving System Shock 2 to people who help test their GOG Galaxy.

I spent $44.44 picking up everything on my Wish List that was on sale for 66%+ off. I spent enough that I got three additional games free, one of which I had planned to buy several months ago but didn't get around to it--and ended up saving the $10 it cost. There are many, many old favorites of mine on sale at GOG's Summer Sale right now. Fortunately I already own nearly all of them now.

Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2016, 08:59:34 AM

I bought Victory at Sea from GamersGate for $8.50 USD. I haven't played it yet but what made me decide to pick it up was this YouTube video:

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Toonces

Quote from: tgb on June 08, 2016, 08:58:19 AM

I couldn't help but notice that Soma is on sale 40% off.  I know Gus was interested in that a while back.   >:D
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Wolfe1759

Warlock II is on sale on Steam - you can pick up the base game (c£3.50) and all the DLC for c£10 then be able to use the Renaissance mod which is sort of like a Warlock III.

I've always found it and it's predecessor a really fun fantasy version of Civ with (probably not) Sean Connery  doing the narration and Killer Rabbits from Monty Python to boot.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd